Better lighting mod?

beck11

Is there any mod that improves lighting in indoor areas? Sometimes I noticed that in dark or poor lit areas the textures on NPCs look like someone turned tlb on. This is especially obvious when using glossy textures, be it from skins or armor. Any way to make it more natural or just better than the vanilla lighting?

I hope the answer's not OBGE, tried it before but Im just not good at this kind of thing and I never felt like I was able to get the most out of OBGE on my own. If I have to use it then pls provide with some settings pls, thx.

All Natural. It makes indoor lighting much more varied, changing with time of day and weather (if there are windows). Of course, it does require bash if you want to make full use of it. If it's just for screenies, you might try Screenshooter's illumination. Just drop a lighting gem in front of yourself and the flat lighting will go. The whole problem is that in dark areas, you get no diffuse and specular lighting, just a flat base ambient light. Glossiness and even shape of the object have no influence on the light strength at all. Only when you step into an actual light source's radius will the specular and diffuse work.

For my own dungeon-type playerhomes, I use a soft ambient light, and hang a very large soft light over the middle of the area to break the flatness of the light. Smaller bright lights then provide the detailing. But that only of use for areas you make/edit for yourself.

Archived