Stuck at Helgen Keep

Myst42

Ummm....

Oh hell...

I have no idea where did I fucked up

But I can't play any new character

By the moment I enter Helgen Keep with hands tied and Ralof or Hadvar are supposed to untie you...

I get stuck at the entrance, movement keys do not respond

Camera moves like if I were running, but I'm stuck on the door. Not even the mouselook works

Thought it could be load order

I finally decided to use BOSS and it made some arrangements

I added a few touches

But load order hasn't been usually one of my problems

Now I'm up to start deactivating mods and see if anything works

But I've no idea where to begin. I installed lots of stuff and never had a problem until now

I had my stable characters use the new mods with no problems. Then I tried a new one and this happened

Load order just in case

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
AzarHair.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
moonpath.esm
OblHairs05.esm
OblHairs01.esm
OblHairs07.esm
OblHairs06.esm
OblHairs04.esm
OblHairs03.esm
OblHairs02.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SPERG.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
AK- Boethiah Alternate.esp
AK- Namira for Good Guys.esp
AK- HouseOfHorrors Alternate.esp
DSpSoB.esp
SkyUI.esp
Dual Hand Combo Hotkeys.esp
AsharaPrinceOfTheWoods.esp
Dwemer Goggles & Scouter.esp
FieldLab.esp
Ghost Armor.esp
konahrik_accoutrements_dpe.esp
MashupUNP.esp
Osare Culort Outfit.esp
TERAArmors.esp
UNPArmoredBikini.esp
viciousdawnbreaker.esp
WestWindMisfit.esp
WWW.esp
XAC.esp
ScarletDawnArmor.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
DA_Skyship.esp
DA_Skyship_Dragonborn.esp
KamiTH.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Undeath.esp
Wrath Of Nature.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SMEssentialPlayer.esp
SMEssentialPlayerDawnGuard.esp
cheeseshout.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Moonpath.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.esp
Better Vampires.esp
FemaleWerewolf.esp
Predator Vision.esp
FNISspells.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG-DG.esp
SPERG-DB.esp
Pinup Poser.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
SBF All In One + DLC.esp
PredatorsLostTribesV1.esp
Marriable Serana.esp
Marriable Serana HF.esp
Poet.esp
WATER - Sir Crabalot Returns.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER DB.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
DragonPriestMaskQuestMarkers.esp
SKSE Hotkeys.esp

This list is what BOSS did and me after adding a few changes... i havent even tested it yet. The one I had worked just fine

This one is still on trial for the status I had with existing characters. But the new character stuck on Helgen bug still happens

It could look like an animation problem and the last animation mod I installed was Pinup Poser

I'll probably start there...

But I don't know how am I supposed to live without the only existing animation mod for this game

Couple of things to try in the console:

Enable the player controls using 'EPC' and move to him

or

Move your character to him using 'player.moveto 0002bf9e' for Ralof or 0002bfa2 for Hadvar

The animation has probably gotten stuck for some reason and is waiting for you to get close enough to continue.

tcl didnt work either

Still have to try epc and moveto

But I started on another path to identify the guilty one first

First step, to disable most possible esp and esm files

Identify if it is a mod I can disable

First attempt successful. It works If I disable everything

Now try to identify which one, start enabling things "one at a time" or groups at a time

And try those other commands

OK I managed to identify a responsible

By the way epc works, but the first person camera continues to move around like running even though I'm standing still

The one that triggers the behavior after activation is one of the Schlongs files

That's really odd since it worked a few weeks ago

I'll try reinstalling it

Sadly the story does not end there. More than one thing is causing trouble after activating

What could possibly go wrong again with a working mod?

EDIT: SPERG (Something about perk enhancement, cant remember the exact letters) is also corrupt

I started having this problem last night on a new save, again same as you, after my current LO working fine previously. I installed alternate start- live another life, but now im getting ctds whenever i loot an iron armor from a body. since, it seems, i never fixed the problem that SOS was apparently causing ill try de-activating it and start over, see if i can loot, then activate it again. my papyrus log kept stopping on SOS related stuff but never any direct errors.. interesting. do/did you also have ECE or chargen morphs installed when this happened?

ECE is my personal Golden Grail of cosmetic mods

Could not live without it

Unfortunately the problem seems to be more complicated than just a mod

Now I've identified 3 more mods that after activation cause the problem and the list keeps on growing.

Seems it's not related to active mods but it can be bypassed by deactivating everything

I also have another issue I was ignoring because it's technically "harmless" but it's very annoying. Whenever I made a change to my plugin list, deactivate something, activate it or change it's location, my saves become unloadable (crash on finish loading screen). The fix is to start a new game or find a save that can be loaded, and then load the other save from in-game... this somehow fixes the problem and the saves become playable again

I have two theories now

One is that it might have something to do with "dirty edits" on mod files...

Which leads to the second as when I was trying to fix a certain bug in the civil war quest (endeavor in which which I failed spectacularly) I tried to do something with TES5Edit to Skyrim.esm... Perhaps that's where things got screwed... strange because i don't recall "saving" changes. I didnt really made any change to it... unless I messed up...

Gosh all these little bugs... this is so fucked up right now...

Perhaps I'll have to forget fixing it, be happy the game works on existing saves, and if I want a new character, create it with everything disabled, pass the goddamn tutorial and only then start activating mods for the new char.  :s

EDIT: And the dirty edit theory proves wrong it does not give a fuck about which mods

The mods are totally random and any of them could cause the issue

Fuck it

Maybe next reinstall...

Can you post a load order and papyrus logs? They may be able to give one of us an idea as to what the issue is.

You know, I see a number of people who fuss about cleaning all of their mods with TES5Edit and I am not sure that is always a good idea. I guess I have been lucky, I run nearly 250 esp/esm's and have never done it and just have an occasional random crash. 

It happens with some people and certain fnis mods too.

Just open the console and use epc or enableplayercontrols

Once your bonds are cut, zoom out to 3rd person view, then back in to 1st person and you should be fine.

You can zoom out to 3rd person before your bonds are cut if the bobbing head thing is making you crazy (you will likely have messed up arms), but wait until your bonds are cut to zoom back in (because your head will still bob until after).

...  Happens to me EVERY time I follow Ralof, but almost never with Hadvar.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing a modded Skyrim for some time now.  And I easily have over 130 mods installed and running. One thing I've learned (the hard way) is that if you want a good stable game, use a save game that you don't mind deleting after while and get ALL the mods you want installed and working the way you want.  Then start a new save and don't touch the mods!  Don't de-activate and re-activate or remove or install new ones. Once you do, you save will become very glichy and unstable and could ctd at any seemingly random time. 

Use epc the way that Cyndi say and you should be fine as long as you don't modify your mods.  Trust me, I've lost 100's of hours of play because of this.

First of all, while the above recommendation is good advice as long as your alright with losing progress to ensure a fresh start, id first of all start with MO. Get a working LO and once you've tested the majority of them, like anything involving SOS or MCM, keep that MO profile AS IS, rename it to STABLE LO, whatever. Make a new profile in MO, then manually goto your MO folder and copy EVERYTHING from your STABLE to the actual play profile. That way you have everything ordered for a stable restart if needed, ect. I did this and after awhile made another ADVANCED STABLE profile with all of my script-intensive mods playing nice, and one specifically for testing purposes, if you wanna test something, DONT do it on your main, especially if there's scripts involved. Idc if it sounds like the best mod EVER. OF ALL TIME. Its a bad idea. >> Trust me.

Now, I posted here previously and i really hope you've got this fixed since then, but that glitch IS indeed caused by SOS. Use to be i had it happen rarely, when i posted, it was EVERY time like you. TCL never worked and i never tested any of the others, but instead used Live Another Life- Alternate Start, and never again will I go back to default. There are MANY good choices and especially if you want to start close to a specific location, say a custom player home. There will certainly be something, somewhere in the choices a helluva lot closer than Helgen. From start, you slide into the Main Quest quite nicely and i DO however advise to do that before you finish every other part of the game lol. Just so everything there and all those scripts are settled.

Best Regards,

arr0w

OK first of all thank you all

But I could find no solution for this issue

Instead there are ways to bypass it

It's not about load order since deactivating everything did not entirely fix it. After complete deactivation there was a large number of mods that caused the problem on activation, mods that used to be harmless. Things that have nothing to do with scripts like armor mods, mods complete unrelated between them caused it. And that's about 90% of them

This leads me to think the game is "broken" still playable and functional but something is corrupt, thankfully this is not fatal and is entirely possible to bypass it.

epc code worked but was incapable of getting rid of the constant camera trembling

So I managed to bypass the problem by having two saves after the issue. I did the whole thing with everything deactivated which was the only way to make it work, saved after entering the keep with both choices and then whenever I want a new character I just load those and showracemenu them. Works just fine

My main playthrough is still entirely functional and I only have two very annoying bugs that still permit to pass the game

One is that sometimes saved files cause CTD on load. No idea why but it's load and crash. Loading a previous save or a save from another character, in the worst cases, starting a new game and THEN loading the desired save allows to load.

The other is an issue about brawls that causes the brawler contender to go idle after entering fist fight, making it impossible to draw a single punch. "Brawl bugs" mod did not work to fix it

But most main quests do not require brawl so I managed to do the game anyway.

Reinstall is coming, on another PC though. This time I practically have everything I wanted installed so I know what mods are needed. Let's see if it works this way 

Again thank you all for your advice, I'll take some for future things, even though none of them fixed the specific issue entirely, most of them are very useful for other subjects. So unless you have a specific solution that could fix the disabled player controls AND the trembling camera without the need of codes I'd consider this bug closed

I bypassed it, not a fix but still an acceptable solution

Archived