Combining info from 3DSMax and JFF

blabba

I'm not sure. Last time I tried it I was getting a weird error that wasn't in english when I tried exporting. I might've just been my .ini file that was screwing it up or my copy of 2014. Sometimes it loads with an error and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using the 64bit version of it posted on 2/16 by Ehamloptiran. 

Haha, yea I get that whenever my export parameters are incorrect.

Usually easy enough to figure out via using export selected or making sure I only have valid objects in the scene.

I think Ehamloptiran is Asian so that's why the error dialog's in another language xD, or he just got lazy for the debug options.

I just fixed the loading error I had with the max 2014. I had to move a file called autodesk.max.wrappers.dll from the bin/assemblies folder to the stdplugin folder. It loads up quite faster now too. Tried to load a skeleton with collisions and ended up with the squares all over the place but loading a body mesh and being careful with the export settings worked to export it. As for not being about to import the bones, he used figment's 3.7.2 code which didn't import the bones either. The 3.7.3 version does but that requires more nifskope work to fix what it breaks.

I just fixed the loading error I had with the max 2014. I had to move a file called autodesk.max.wrappers.dll from the bin/assemblies folder to the stdplugin folder. It loads up quite faster now too. Tried to load a skeleton with collisions and ended up with the squares all over the place but loading a body mesh and being careful with the export settings worked to export it. As for not being about to import the bones, he used figment's 3.7.2 code which didn't import the bones either. The 3.7.3 version does but that requires more nifskope work to fix what it breaks.

I just wish the skeletons stuff works so I could try my hand at animations and such, but meh whatevs xD

I just wish the skeletons stuff works so I could try my hand at animations and such, but meh whatevs xD

If you got max 2012 or earlier you could import a skeleton with figment's 3.7.3 plugin, save the file as a max save then load it with 2014. Not sure about anything after that. I haven't tried to do anything with animation yet. I seen Canderes' dummytobone script around that changes the dummies to bones but if you're one of the hdt skeletons, that's alot of bones.

Archived