Question for Freaks on 3D modeling

poblivion

I'm a complete novice, and yet I can get some weighting and basic deformations done pretty well thanks to Outfit Studio/BodySlide 2

Now I'm in the 'big leagues' and trying out 3DS Max, and me being not artistically talented and a general 3-D inept is kinda holding me back a bit. But the more time I spend with the program it gradually gets easier. It also helps to have a mentor or be able to ask a question and get fairly quick responses from a forum community.

(LL is great a place for finding 'mentors' and asking questions compared to nexus, at least from my own personal experiences xD)

each game is using different forma and compression and skeleton and engine for 3d models      first you need to pic the game you want to convert     than you need to find a way to extract 3d files    than you need to find a way to import them to your blender/3dsmax

after the 3d files you need to think about textures !

after this major probleme you need to get your way through blender/3dsmax 

Guest Ragna_Rok

I'm a complete novice, and yet I can get some weighting and basic deformations done pretty well thanks to Outfit Studio/BodySlide 2

Now I'm in the 'big leagues' and trying out 3DS Max, and me being not artistically talented and a general 3-D inept is kinda holding me back a bit. But the more time I spend with the program it gradually gets easier. It also helps to have a mentor or be able to ask a question and get fairly quick responses from a forum community.

(LL is great a place for finding 'mentors' and asking questions compared to nexus, at least from my own personal experiences xD)

first, blender also works, 3dsmax is just one fish in the sea. second, yep, the more you work with a program, the better you get, thats how xp irl works ;) third, true, a mentor is nice, but also a WORKING FUNCTIONING community is great, which leads me to fourth: nexus sucks, LL rules.

cheers, keep on modding folks ;)

Archived