Will lovers work with deluxe edition?

ssjkirby

The GOTY is 10 bucks on steam now with the deluxe being 12, I wanted to know if I should get the deluxe for a more complete pack and certain access to any mods, so I wanna know if lovers and it's other ideration's [bbb, futa, etc] will all work with it, or should I just stick with GOTY?

Please, i'd appreciate a quick yes or no answer.

The GOTY is 10 bucks on steam now with the deluxe being 12' date=' I wanted to know if I should get the deluxe for a more complete pack and certain access to any mods, so I wanna know if lovers and it's other ideration's [bbb, futa, etc'] will all work with it, or should I just stick with GOTY?

If you can afford it grab the Deluxe pack. It adds 3 things that are worth it: fighters stronghold (home for a warrior), vile lair (home for evil folks), Mehrune's Razor which is a decent weapon and a fairly large dungeon crawl to get it. The other crap is.....well....crap (spell tomes, horse armor and so on).

There are a few hoops to jump around getting mods to work with steam but they aren't terrible anymore. Just make sure you have OBSE's latest version and UAC disabled while playing or an exception made if you are running Win7.

Either version you choose will work fine with lovers and other mods it is just steam that is/was the problem.

The GOTY is 10 bucks on steam now with the deluxe being 12' date=' I wanted to know if I should get the deluxe for a more complete pack and certain access to any mods, so I wanna know if lovers and it's other ideration's [bbb, futa, etc'] will all work with it, or should I just stick with GOTY?

If you can afford it grab the Deluxe pack. It adds 3 things that are worth it: fighters stronghold (home for a warrior), vile lair (home for evil folks), Mehrune's Razor which is a decent weapon and a fairly large dungeon crawl to get it. The other crap is.....well....crap (spell tomes, horse armor and so on).

There are a few hoops to jump around getting mods to work with steam but they aren't terrible anymore. Just make sure you have OBSE's latest version and UAC disabled while playing or an exception made if you are running Win7.

Either version you choose will work fine with lovers and other mods it is just steam that is/was the problem.

Well I'm using Win7 so I won't have to disable the UAC, no?

I have the digital deluxe version on Steam and I'm running Lovers with PK with no problems beyond random crashes. But they're so random and far between (I can go an entire 12 hours without a crash... and I have) that I can't even say they're related to Lovers; for all I know it's just that wonderful Bethesda coding we all know and love.

Granted, I haven't really jumped into the majority of Lovers mods, but still; it works just fine so far.

No you won't have to disable UAC unless you installed steam to the default location. I installed steam to C:\Games\Steam

Doing this Steam is outside of the program files directory and thus is uneffected by UAC. If you already installed steam here you can either move it (see link below on how to do this without loosing any installed games) or deal with UAC.

With UAC you can toggle it off while you play games and then turn it back on for the rest of the time should you so choose. Depending on what version of Win7 you are running and what you have your security settings on you may not have to do anything at all to have things run fine. It is worth giving it a shot to see if it works without issues as BaconMinion did.

Either way you go Deluxe or GOTY edition the issue is the same.

Moving Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Disabling UAC (Win7): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off

Archived