vishlist FO3 mods converted to FONV

frexminator

not sure if there are any other threads about this so i make my own and hope

i used "The Naked Gun" perks in FO3 a while back and was hopeing there would be one for new vegas, it seems like there is none

i am lazy/bad with GECK so i didn't manage to remake the mod myself so i hope someone else has done it allready :)

tnx for a great site also - i tend to spend alot of time just modding my FO/TES games and most things i need/want is here now

the mod is : http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13810

You are aware that you can simply download the mod and pull out the meshes and textures folders and throw away the esp. Dump the two folders and their contents into your FNV data folder, then either make your own esp or use a clothing one to add the clothes/body to the game. Fallout 3 meshes/textures are compatible with Fallout New Vegas without any issues.

Just use the GECK to add the clothes/armor you want to a place of your choosing or replace any vanilla stuff you want and enjoy. :)

It's a sign of the future that they are 'two distinct games' where FONV really should have been an addon to FO3. Just think, if they'd treated Oblivion the same way, Shivering Isles would have been a seperate game to Oblivion.

It's a disturbing trend:-

Morrowind All DLC trivial but free. Two paid for, substantial, Large addons; later available in GOTY. (Tribunal, Bloodmoon).

Oblivion All DLC trivial and paid for. One paid for, substantial, large addon; later avaialable in GOTY with most of the DLC. (Shivering Isles).

Fallout3 All DLC paid for. All released in GOTY. One substantial, large addon; charged for as brand new game. (FONV).

FONV. DLC charged for and Steam mandatory. No GOTY yet.

Skyrim. Steam mandatory, early days yet but the trend looks bad.

I do wonder if FONV was a test. Can we get away with forcing people to use Steam? The answer apperaed to be 'yes' so welcome to the future.

Last I checked, Shivering Isles didn't have four distinct endings, better writing than anything Bethesda could have come up with, hundreds of hours of replay value, and fix most of the game mechanic problems that were in its predecessor.

Fallout 3 should have never been made. New Vegas is a direct sequel to Fallout 2.

Fallout 1 and 2 used the same engine and most of the same resources, barring the new stuff that had to be made for Fallout 2. If giving me a new fully-developed game that is excellent can be achieved by just adding new graphical resources to the engine of the first and creating entirely new situations and story after that's accomplished, I'll not only accept it, I'll admire the efficiency.

not sure if there are any other threads about this so i make my own and hope

i used "The Naked Gun" perks in FO3 a while back and was hopeing there would be one for new vegas' date=' it seems like there is none

i am lazy/bad with GECK so i didn't manage to remake the mod myself so i hope someone else has done it allready :)

tnx for a great site also - i tend to spend alot of time just modding my FO/TES games and most things i need/want is here now

the mod is : http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13810

Bringing this back on topic...

I agree, a Naked Gun port to NV would be entertaining to say the least. I noticed on the comments page of the original FO3 version someone was trying to contact the author for permissions. I wonder if any progress was made.

Archived