MiniMe

varenne

I've seen this before.  It can come from several things, a bad animation, a wonky script or a mod conflict.  It is really hard to pin down to be perfectly honest.  I don't know that I ever figured out what caused my "shrinkage", although mine was never quite as small.  Mine basically shrunk me by 1/5th or so.

It comes and goes, kinda funny when it happens. This is the smallest my PC has shrunk down to, largest is well f'in huge! 1.5x is common, but I've seen maybe 2x or 3x on rare occasions.

I have been through most of animations, over and over again. Wonky scripts, yeah could be, who knows... been testing a lot of stuff lately. MOD conflict, very likely as I have not addressed those in a while.

I have seen this with enemy NPCs before as part of the quest mod 'The Kingdom Of Shadow'. They were precisely that tiny size of about one foot in height at best. Since they were supposed to be ordinary characters without anything special about them (no particular 'magical people' context), it clearly was a glitch. Recently I have seen what weirdness can occur when scaling placed actors in the CS, but I don't think that mod's NPCs' scale had been deliberately changed. When the mini NPCs glitch happened I was too surprised to take screenshots, and they turned back to normal size upon defeat.

It's just like the 'stickman glitch' I'm sometimes getting when corpses in a cell aren't properly processed. I once found out this can be reproduced with any actor by applying a combination of several console commands.

StickmanImp01.jpg

Nevermind the guy's wrongly-assigned mismatching ear texture. Nowadays I'm using a different imp texture anyway.

StickmanImp02.jpg

The weirdest however I find is total skeleton failure that leads to the 'Mr Fantastic glitch'. Or worse:

TotalSkeletonFailure01.jpg

TotalSkeletonFailure02.jpg

TotalSkeletonFailure03.jpg

TotalSkeletonFailure04.jpg

TotalSkeletonFailure05.jpg

All this with Growlf's universal skeleton installed.

This gives me the idea to post an assortment of all sorts of weird but sometimes entertaining glitches I ran into over the course of time. I hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread by finding yet another excuse to post some pictures.

BrokenSky.jpg

The sky breaking up into segments.

DreughDistortion01.jpg

Distorted Dreughs.

DreughDistortion02.jpg

DunmerDistortion.jpg

A distorted Dunmer.

SprigganSkeletonFailure01.jpg

A Spriggan experiencing that total skeleton failure.

SprigganSkeletonFailure02.jpg

AHandyPackage.jpg

Defeated enemy reduced to a handy package.

PainInTheNeckAndBernieceGivesADamn.jpg

A girl's neck goes *SNAP*, Berniece gives a crap.

SandcrawlerBreak-Up.jpg

Mudcrabs (or a Sandcrawler in this case) broken up into pieces when entering a cell.

LovelyGuy.jpg

Found him like that. As far as I remember he sprang back into normal shape upon touching him. Can't say for sure.

PillarWampa.jpg

A Midas Wampa managed to get himself killed by falling through a solid pillar.

I used TCL to go look where the guy did end up.

SeparatedHeadElements.jpg

All the guy's head elements got separated from the body.

And here are several decorative 'Mr. Fantastic' effects, mixed up with the 'stickman glitch':

FantasticRedguard01.jpg

FantasticRedguard02.jpg

FantasticHeretic01.jpg

FantasticHeretic02.jpg

FantasticHeretic03.jpg

FantasticHeretic04.jpg

FantasticHeretic05.jpg

Ive never seen this for the player, but seen in the "si playable clothings" mod.

That wasn't a glitch though, that's just because the author decided that adding mini-sized martin and uriel(not loverslab uriel, of course) in the testinghall would be a good idea. ㅡ_ㅡ

Every time i beat the kvatch quest i'm followed by two martins. When i kill the small martin i lose all hope...

I wonder how this is done? When I recently was messing around with 'Duke City' I found the toy store vendor had been scaled. The placed actor reference was scaled in the render window, that is. To my surprise doing this is totally deforming characters for that nice 'hunchback of Notre-Dame' appearance.

Normally one would think the only way to create deformation-free mini-size characters is making a race copy and changing its scale & weight parameters.

• 1 month later...

Someone should make a mod out of Poontank's awesome screenies.

I am sure it would be an instant hit, well I would definitely play it (even more so when/if drunk) ^.^

Gosh... those should be preserved in some museum, as a worthy challenger to The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Someone should make a mod out of Poontank's awesome screenies.

I am sure it would be an instant hit, well I would definitely play it (even more so when/if drunk) ^.^

Gosh... those should be preserved in some museum, as a worthy challenger to The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Topping the "attack of the mesh errors"-mod (yes it exists).

Me personally, i've never seen anything like this. All i got was the "invisible body but lips, teeth and eyes still visible - BOOOH!" effect - and only because LPK can't deal with changing vanity cam settings in CS (took me a while to figure that out).

Archived