frustrations

manarak

this is a little rant - I'm frustrated with Skyrim mods.

I try to get them working, and even I don't have that many mods, there is always something that doesn't work, it makes me go nuts.

There are the problems I did never manage to solve, such as the invisible ball gag and Havok butt flicker, then some mods which play up and take a lot of time to load, such as estrus chaurus.

Then I get a CTD when playing around with dangerous nights, try to correct it by modifying load order, reinstalling desinstalling, and then dangerous nights looks okay, it seems like lovers victim doesn't trigger anymore. I try to fix this, and then when radiant prostitution customers undress, wham, CTD. fix this... later some NPC don't get schlongified by SOS anymore. fix this, and then the customers of RP fuck five times in a row, and when someone else speaks during this time, I have to collect the payment from another NPC!

Fooling around more, I then get the wrong animations (for example tentacles or the dwemer machine inside an inn), and finally when 2 scripts seem to trigger at the same time, the character gets stuck...

I don't know how much times I already reinstalled everything. I'm pretty good now at CBBE, skeletons, TBBP animations and preggie armors. But I still can't get the "big mods" to run smooth :-(

If you're uninstalling manually or with Nexus Mod Manager then you could be leaving holes in the mods/scripts. What I mean is that when something is added it often overwrites over things, then when you remove it there is a hole, or an empty spot, left there in the mod or scripting. Removing/re-adding mods in a played game is not a good idea at all.

You can overcome this by using Mod Organizer. The reason it won't break anything on you is because it doesn't actually change anything in the Skyrim folder itself so you can remove what you want, re-install what you want and shift ordering around to get the (meta) overwrites you want or need. All this can be done without leaving any of those aforementioned "holes" in your game (simply because nothing is added to the Skyrim directory). But I must be fair and honest while warning you that it will take a little bit to learn to use Mod Organizer. It's not just a point and click operation in many cases (although some mods DO install that simply, just like with NMM). But in the end the time you spend learning to use MO will be far, far less than the time lost on long game saves, the time you spend fiddling around trying to get things working and the time invested in re-installing the game and mods you want to use.

belive change to MO, that dnt mess with you game, and if something goes wrong you just need deactive the mod and voila all cool again, im still learning using mo, but belive worth, after lost 3 or more times my saves and my whole game i learned to not use nexus mod manager anymore.

Yeah, give it a try. Stick with it and if there's something you don't understand there's plenty of support here and there are even instructions and videos posted in the MO thread here (in non-adult mods section). You may need to start a new game, maybe even a fresh install, to get everything fixed up proper, but if you switch to MO it's sure to be that LAST time that will happen to you.

Even with MO, is still tricky to use it properly, but if you use it along BOSS, TES5Edit and Wrye Bash you'll really be amazed at how noticeable are the results, and you'll get used very shortly to them.

I'd recommend you to read this guide. It's intended for ENB users, but the "General Bug Fixing" section can be applied to anybody and it's the bread and butter for anybody who intends to run a good deal of mods.

Archived