[POC] 7Base/Other Body Type BodySlide Capability

blabba

BodySlide Supports  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want 7Base/ADEC/Whateverelse BodySlide Support?

• Yes, but I will not/can not commit to helping it progress
    • Yes, and provided with guides I can try helping make sliders
    • Yes, I'm experienced in 3-D tools and can help make .OBJ files for specific looks
    • No, I do not want BodySlide support for other Body Types
    • Other (specify in a post)

Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the...

Woops wrong line.

Now, this is a story of how 1 man got drunk 1 night and with nothing else to do but mess around on his computer decided he'd read through some LL threads in the adult section.

After consuming some more alcohol he started coming up with crazy hallucinations and ideas, what he came up with would be archived as the following titled:

I CAN HAZ 7Base/ADEC/WHATEVERELSE PLOX?

After he had made some posts over on the hotly debated topic Can Someone please explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE

(AKA: Another Debate Thread)

Now this young fellow, being misguidedly drunk that night had posted a possible way for their to be 7base BodySlide support. Sadly it was in false hopes and the next morning after he sobered up (through a terrible headache) he opened his computer and saw that he recieved a PM from:

THE POWERS THAT BE!

AKA: Cell :P

So after receiving proper guidance and going through mental meditation, the adventurous young man developed a question.

How can I get 7Base/Adec/Whatever Else BodySlides without having to learn complicated 3-D tools?

After many trials and tribulations he found the answer: He could not. He would have to man up and re-learn 3ds max from which he hadn't touched since his highschool days... (Shoutout to FIRST robotics competitions!)

HOWEVER!

He could instead make it possible for OTHERS (read: you that is reading this text right now) to make the sliders with nothing more than learning how to use Outfit Studio.

Serious Business:

All right so I found a way where I can pull up multiple sliders out of 1 weight conversion sliderset all in Outfit Studio.

The good:

1. Allows non-3D modellers (like myself) to EASILY make sliders for any body type

2. This method also allows multiple people to EASILY edit/perfect sliders and Add/Remove Sliders for the same BodyType

The bad:

1. Requires at least 1 knowledgeable member of 3-D modelling to create more varied types of sliders than your default weight conversion morphs can make.

2. From my (1) test case, the sliders are not very well received if inputted with values less than 0 or greater than 100

3. There might be some seam issues (could not test)

So yea, I created this thread to seriously gauge interest in something like this and see if anyone else was willing to work on this.

Why am I not doing it myself? Put simply I don't wanna be responsible for anymore stuff. If you read my sig and look around the HDT and Downloads section you'll see I'm already working on my other related projects. I am however more than happy to support this mod as much as I can.

What does POC mean? It means PROOF OF CONCEPT! Reason why it's a POC thread is because this thread's purpose is nothing more than to show that this specific task can be done 'fairly' easily with support and members. It's not a beta, it's not even an alpha, and for right now it's not even confirmed that it's a Work In Progress.

So where's the proof?

Here ya go: The demo was made by using 7Base Cleavage High Weight Variant and the breasts get morphed to 7Base Cleavage Low weight variant with nothing else changing! The textures are off because I was using CBBE based textures.

output_gi_QAXy.gif

Anyway attaching a poll and if enough interest is shown, I'll upload the .bsd slider file and the other files necessary to make this and a few other sliders. Otherwise, I'll take it their is no interest/support in this and let the thread and idea die.

THE TRUE HEROES:

stuffed_bunny: Massive help to me and sole contributor to the UNP BodySlide (Which is why it's taking time, nobody wants to help him out even though he posted EXCELLENT guides)

Cell/Caliente: Making a program that could potentially single-handedly change the modding scene in terms of Outfits/Shapes

Many others who have helped me come along this far in Skyrim modding:

Vioxsis

Deathmaw

Pijuan

Groovtama

Monsto

Probably a few others I missed, but...

Thanks to all of you guys!

Well you can conform any bodytype to CBA sliders and export them as a sliderset. That's it, you can treat UNP/7Base as an outfit in Outfit Studio and have them running in Bodyslide 2, make your custom bodies from them, etc. It works surprisingly good. Still, the problems are the UV maps and of course, the outfits, you need to make the outfits aswells. A shit load of them.

Well you can conform any bodytype to CBA sliders and export them as a sliderset. That's it, you can treat UNP/7Base as an outfit in Outfit Studio and have them running in Bodyslide 2, make your custom bodies from them, etc. It works surprisingly good. Still, the problems are the UV maps and of course, the outfits, you need to make the outfits aswells. A shit load of them.

Hmm, I think I experimented with that once, and it doesn't work too well with other bodies because of the different placements of vertices from the CBBE mesh.

If you have better/same results that way though, would you mind posting a picture? It would be interesting to see and probably a better way than what I had in mind.

The example above was a slider I created from a weight convert I made from 7Base high to low. I used the import slider data from .obj after I converted the low weight to a .obj (3DS max, because nifskope didn't work) saved that as a weight convert sliderset. Then started new project loaded 7Base high and masked off everything but the breasts and conformed to the weight convert, thus giving only breast reduction. (I tried values in negative to see if it scaled well when growing, but it doesn't. Was good for scaling past 100 though)

xD, seems your alone for now buddy :(

But do not despair! I'll be uploading the files and a tut so that other industrious powerusers/modders such as yourself can come up with your own slidersets.

Albeit, they'll be limited without an actual 3-D modeller to make specific adjustments and sliders, you can still do things like scaling each part of the body (pretty much all I could figure out how to do until I find more 7Base variants with the same number of vertices...)

Update:

Thanks to Cell's help and experimenting around some more, I have successfully made some additional sliders to mimic the shape of sevenbase calf's and thigh's

Their in the stickied tutorial thread under the tweaks section.

LINK

I might make a few more sliders, but for now I'll try my best to make a guide so that you guys can make your own with what's available (and there's a lot available thanks to Caliente's modelling skill)

Haz funs.

i was truly hoping that bodyslide would be the only thing players have to fiddle with, as in all armors are build for a bodyslide mesh (universal) which then can be moulded with the sliders to the CBBE, 7B, UNP, UNPB whatever body... outfit studio and bodyslide 2 are out yet these still revolve on the pre-existent bodies and that makes me sad...

Archived