GECK WorldSpace Help

Halstrom

Is there some way of getting the GECK to render faster or not re-render everytime I select a different object, it seems to be getting slower and slower every time I add a corridor piece. It's like a 30 second wait just to open the window on an object just edit the object position/rotation etc properties?

It's taken me 2 hours to position 9 pieces to make a 3x3 room and now I just realised it's down one floor from where I want it and needs to be rotated 90 degrees :P

I also have a couple of doorways in my basement that are Grey in game but look fine in GECK, positions seem good as far as my crappy eyes can tell.

Hmm it seems restarting GECK fixed the speed issue it's responding in a second or so now :)

Bugger now found I don't have a right handed dining room corner entry piece to match the corridor door and have to redo the whole room in another décor :P

That sucks that you lost that much work.  : (

If you've already got your items in the space and you've opened the GECK but NOT had it render anything yet, you can just right click on one of the items in the list and select Edit.  Great if you know exactly what you want to do and don't need the visual confirmation.  Granted, I've had little interaction with the render window (OMFG could they make camera movement LESS intuitive?  Finally learned that you can hit ~ to toggle between free cam mode and <insert curses here> mode), but I discovered that when there was a reference that I needed to change one of the flags on.

Archived