odd request: ini file

canthics

(Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this, it's been a a while).

So I lost yet another hard drive this year, but managed to yet again save my Oblivion data folder which at this point, has outlasted three hard drives, two OS switches and one data-wiping virus.

Problem is, this time I managed to lose the settings/save folder in my documents. Other than losing a whole bunch of saves, it didn't seem like a big deal, until I tried to run the game.

I'm now having weird issues where the font is all poofy (using Darnified) and even more messed up, the mouse fails to register clicks when accessing UI elements during gameplay like dialogue and the menus.

I think I've got it nailed down to an ini issue, so I'm not so much asking for technical help as if anyone would be kind enough to post a working ini file, so I can figure out what's going on.

thx

The game automatically generates a new ini file upon running it but to restore your settings you will need to reinstall any UI mods like DarnUI.

I am including my ini but without knowing what utilities and mods you have that may have altered your original ini it may not help you much.

This just happened to me recently, so I figured why not just throw this (probably well known) little tidbit down for the record. I did a full re-install of Oblivion and tweaked up my ini by hand because I ALWAYS forget to back the little beech up! Then I opened the Oblivion launcher to turn off V-Sync, and since it was a first run on the launcher it immediately changed or overwrote the entire ini file. Not sure, but it definitely threw me for a loop when I went back into the game.

It's possible something like that could overwrite changes made by UI mods. I hadn't yet install DarnUI so I don't know for sure about that.

Archived