Bound Helmet issue?

Alright I've tried googling this problem and I'm failing quite dramatically to do so (I know this has been covered at some point as I've seen it before in both this and games like Fallout but I've not found a relevant thread for Oblivion at the moment).

Problem: cast bound helmet (or variation of) and it removes my head completely before attaching the helmet on its side to where the head should have been (see screenshot attached).

So any ideas what could have caused this? Or how it can be fixed in the CS?

• 4 months later...

I had this exact problem. You have a new helmet mesh for your Daedric (Bound) Helmet that only fits into the "hair" slot because it is an "open" helm. However the game is still reading the armor file as fitting into the hair AND head slot, therefore the game is removing your character's head. (Why its putting the helmet sideways only Azura knows.)

To fix this you need to do either of two things:

1. Go into your folders and remove/delete the new helmet mesh. Typically it can be found under data/meshes/armor/daedric. Delete or remove the mesh and the next time you run the game, it will load the default "closed" helmet.

2. Alternately you can edit the bound armor helmet file yourself using the construction set. Even if you have no experience with it, its extremely simple. Either load an existing mod (such as one that already modifies armor, like adding female cuirass to steel armor) or simply create a new file just for this. The construction set will list all the file on the left hand side. Un-collapse the "Armor" tab and look for the "Daedric" tab. Click on it and it will bring up all the Daedric and Bound armors. Select the "Bound Helmet" (or whatever its called) and it will open up a new window. In the middle you will see the biped "slots" for armor to take up. For the Bound Helm this will be hair and head. Remove "head" (but leave "hair"!) and then save. Then save the esp file and exit. Make sure the mod is loaded and run the game. Should be fixed.

Archived