Pesky weird exterior-cell framerate drops

cordate

I installed a bunch of new stuff recently (the horror) and now I discovered that I am having weird framerate troubles in landscape exteriors.  In interior cells everything is fine. That's why I've installed several things before finding that I had an issue, as I had just started the big Alftand -> Blackreach -> Mzark trek. It wasn't till I crawled back to the surface that I found something was painfully wrong. 

Initially, everything runs fine, I'm getting the usual 25-45ish fps, but after a while there's this thing that starts up and looking to the eastern or western horizon viewpoint will drop my fps to 1. It'll even do it if I have my nose pressed up to a cliff and can't actually see more than the one texture.

More weirdly, if I run off in another direction, or even press on into the direction it's happening (I can move ok if I keep my viewpoint from the horizon's level), it'll clear up but then I'll get the framerate drop on the opposite horizon- so it switches to the west if it had been happening in the east, and vice versa.

I've tried going back through the recently-installed stuff, turning things off one at a time and such, but the behavior continues. Toggling the ENB off doesn't change things, nor does substituting in the ENB's alternative 'performance' settings. Skyrim and the ENBhost processes don't seem to be using an unusual amount of resources (.5 to 1.5gb each) and the 1fps stuff doesn't seem to be working my video card (GTX 560ti) any harder than when I'm getting a typical framerate. 

So here's what I recently installed since diving underground- newest at the top- and I'll put in a link to my load order too. Maybe someone else has run into this and managed to correct it?  :s

Recent installs:

Sexlab Lover's Comfort

Infinite Blade F Armor
Aradia White Lace Texture
Aradia Lace Dress 1-1
-
Installed ENB series 221
With True Vision ENB 221 
plus the Epdate 2 15983
-
Climates of Tamriel Falskaar patch
CoT Dragonborn patch
CoT Dawnguard patch
CoT main

Thieves' Guild Duelist Armor CBBEv3
Sexlab Aroused
Sexlab Submit (might have done this one before entering Alftand, I can't remember.

Load order: 

Plus, a cuppla bunnies gif!

cup-of-bunnies.gif

if you didn't install hi-res textures, high poly meshes or better LoD, the only thing i can think of is a script, stealing the games performance.
And as those are part of your save game, start a new game with the mods you use and see if it solves it.

I see, well... that might be too low though; IIRC they suggest setting it to VRAM + RAM - 2048, that would be 7168 in your case? That seems overkill to me... according to that formula I should set it to 17408 - although they suggest not exceeding 10240 or something like that - yet it's running flawlessly at 3072.

I should add that I had your exact same issue when I had it set to the default value.

Anyway, hard to be sure, but try adding a couple of gigabytes to that thing and see if it works.

Also, toggling the ENB on/off in game (shift+F12, I think) doesn't make a difference in this particular case, as far as I know.

Brilliant, changing it to 7168 did the trick! I had seen the little suggested calcuation thingin the ini file, but the installation instructions seemed to suggest the value ought to be one's actual video memory only, so I had left it unaltered. Thank you very much for the help!

Not so Vile after all ;)

ibf3NZ672u9sCH.jpg

Archived