Well this is, baffling.

kurisu7885

I was walking in the fields near Whiterun when I spotted this, thing, in the sky overhead.

2014-01-08_00001_zps86882099.jpg

The dialog is due to a fight nearby.

Anyway, it seems to be made up of two Dawnguard turrets stacked. No idea where it came from and I have no mod that adds it, least not to my knowledge, and when I get too close under it my game freezes, forcing me to use the reset button on the front of my tower.

I'm fearing I may have to rebuild my Skyrim, though not really wanting to do that. People have recommended I use Wryebash but to be completely honest that program flies right over my head.

Guest Ragna_Rok

:blink: never have seen that before... with wyrebash i cant help you, but, you do have the "unofficial patches" installed, yeah? ... i mean, i always use them for all dlcs, so i have the unofficial patches for skyrim, hearthfire, dawnguard and dragonborn always installed. maybe this was one of the bugs that are fixed by those things?

:blink: never have seen that before... with wyrebash i cant help you, but, you do have the "unofficial patches" installed, yeah? ... i mean, i always use them for all dlcs, so i have the unofficial patches for skyrim, hearthfire, dawnguard and dragonborn always installed. maybe this was one of the bugs that are fixed by those things?

Bah, I do have them but it turns out they're all out of date, I better fix that.

i have seen this before are you using a mod like RTS ??

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12683

An older version of this mod or a conflict with another mod will interfere with it and produce this effect in your game.

Also Prison of despair:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23548

Will cause this due to render issue with skyrim engine.

Nope, not using either one, but it could easily be an out of date mod.

Then blame the skyrim engine for not be able to fully load custom building on the fly. Try going to different location and then come back to where it happened, is the building still there ??

It is more of render issue.

Skyrim also had a problem with floating grass. but that was known error that has never been fixed.

Guest carywinton

Yep this is a very common issue with the Gamebryo engine in general, it sometimes has no idea where an object is supposed to be and will render it thus. I have seen animals, in particular DeathClaws in Fallout 3 fly straight up in the air and drive NPC's crazy trying to shoot it for quite a while. I have also seen complete areas not even there, again Fallout 3 example, half of Canterbury Commons was gone and recently, from the Flooded Metro all the way to the Arlington Library, was gone, walking overpass where the raider and turret are also, gone. When you see this, reload your game by holding down the "shift" key when you exit your current game. Sometimes this will "flush" the memory cache and fix the issue. As always, if you are using a Steam version of the game, be sure to use "Verify Integrity of Game Cache", before doing anything drastic like a complete reinstall. If the anomaly still appears, then your final choice before a total reinstall is to uncheck mods either in groups or one by one, to see if this corrects the issue. Remember sometimes even if a mod is unchecked, it's assets can be loaded into the game, this can be due to another mods dependency on those assets or due to Archive Invalidated, so perform a clean save to insure this does not happen and produce a false result.

I hope that helps you some, let me know if I can help further. :D

Yep this is a very common issue with the Gamebryo engine in general, it sometimes has no idea where an object is supposed to be and will render it thus. I have seen animals, in particular DeathClaws in Fallout 3 fly straight up in the air and drive NPC's crazy trying to shoot it for quite a while. I have also seen complete areas not even there, again Fallout 3 example, half of Canterbury Commons was gone and recently, from the Flooded Metro all the way to the Arlington Library, was gone, walking overpass where the raider and turret are also, gone. When you see this, reload your game by holding down the "shift" key when you exit your current game. Sometimes this will "flush" the memory cache and fix the issue. As always, if you are using a Steam version of the game, be sure to use "Verify Integrity of Game Cache", before doing anything drastic like a complete reinstall. If the anomaly still appears, then your final choice before a total reinstall is to uncheck mods either in groups or one by one, to see if this corrects the issue. Remember sometimes even if a mod is unchecked, it's assets can be loaded into the game, this can be due to another mods dependency on those assets or due to Archive Invalidated, so perform a clean save to insure this does not happen and produce a false result.

I hope that helps you some, let me know if I can help further. :D

It does actually, heh, it might be a lot of work and might require me to rebuild my character's look, but ,well, it might be necessary.

And I have seen this kind of error at least once before. A mammoth randomly rose up into the air ,then crash back into the ground.

Archived