Add Jiggle to CBBE Armors

jebbie

Hello together, my first post so far even if i'm reading this forum a while now :)

so, i'm struggling around with outfitstudio and bodyslide and it feels quite hard to me to get some real help in the interwebs for these tools - or you have to read through some huge threads with thousands of replies, which i started but never reached the end. To share my knowledge so far, these are the only two videos which i can find that shows some key-features:

http://youtu.be/AscAZgY-JFE

http://vimeo.com/82566369

I almost gave up until i found a really nice thread yesterday - giving me the right hint after a long trail in darkness ^^

Nope, you have to think differently for this. 

Wrong: Creating a body with a preset in BodySlide, then making conversions for that using Outfit Studio. 

Right: Making a conversion using Outfit Studio to make the outfit fit the "CBBE Base Shape", which you can use by loading up the "CBBE Advanced" reference. When that's done, and you've converted all shapes/sliders/weights etc, you can do "File -> Save Project As..." to finish the BodySlide conversion. Only then you can use the regular BodySlide program to apply your own custom preset. 

original: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1280523-bodyslide-2-and-outfit-studio/page-31

halleluja! :D After i got this, i finally made it to convert existing CBBE armors onto my own bodyslide preset :)

Now i'm just wondering.. I was playing around with TERA armor pack for CBBE

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29411/?

The armor's are already made for CBBE - so you don't have to convert them with the wizard, right?

I just make a new project in outfitstudio, taking the CBBE Advanced Preset from the drop-down and load the body_1.nif file of the armor i like.

So far, everything seems right in outfitstudio at this point - i can see all advanced sliders, and after a simple "Comform to all", every single slider starts to work nicely, even the clipping is not really a problem, cause, they're already CBBE compatible :)

So i go ahead.. delete the body-shape of the armor, duplicate my own one and copy all bone weights on every shape - like in the vimeo tutorial video.

After that, i save the whole thing as a project and then i got ready to finalize the armor for my bodyslide.

Quit everything, and restart only bodyslide now - so you can see your newly created armor as a preset in the first drop-down on the top left.

Now, select that... and select the desired slider preset below (CBBE Silly Huge or your own as you whish). Here, if you don't see your slider preset - check the xml file directly and make a compare to one existing slider-set that you can see in the drop-down - you will have differences in the "Group" tags, copy over everything from the working slider, restart bodyslide and you can select your preset (!)

So, i can then say "Create Bodies" and it will save my armor-nif's for weighting 0 and 1 - works perfectly in-game :)

But - not EVERYTHING! :D I just write the whole trail down because i'm sure there are people out there like me who like to read everything so far in one damn post, not spread over the whole damn internet :D

Now, my customized armor has absolute no jiggle, not on the breasts and not on the butt. I just thought i still make something wrong and i reverted everything - to realize that the original TERA armor nif files has the same problem - no jiggle at all!

From the youtube video i know the stuff about bone weights - so i'm thinking now that these meshes are just missing the weight-painting for animation, right?

But how can i fix that? It seems to me that even the basic body shape that generates outfitstudio for me has absolutely no weight paintings, when i delete all body-parts of the armor (no panties, topless), even then the jiggle won't start.

When i go through the shapes, and click on bones tab - there are many bones for all of them, but all of them has missing bones like "Breast blabla" and so on.. and whenever i click on one, i don't see any colors on the model for the weight paintings...

Now i guess it will be overkill to paint them newly from scratch - but ok even that is not working.. on my machine, there happens nothing when i start painting with the paint-weight-tool on mesh.

What am i doing wrong or, what am i missing? I've heard somewhere that you can copy-paste your bone-weights from a working jiggly example but i have no idea how to achieve that...

any help would be extremely appreciated :)

Or in other words - is it basically possible to make a static armor "jiggly" with outfitstudio? i hope so, as far as i understood..

i can answer myself now :) i don't need to make the tera armors jiggly by myself, this work is already done:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22544-tera-armor-cbbe-bodyslide-addon-with-bbpnobbp-uploaded/

i also made another post with my full knowledge so far -> http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24907-get-a-customized-jiggly-dream-girl-with-body-physics-from-scratch-cbbe-tbbp-hdt/?p=626864

sense or "immersive gamplay" is not really my target in this "quest" :P:D another nice video about that stuff when also a bit old:

in the meanwhile, i realized that it will not work in my installation because of my shitty graphics-card on my laptop... on that card, i just can't see any weight-colors, and if i'm going to generate a .nif file through that installation, the weightings are also not generated...

when i switch over to my main-machine with a geforce 560 tx - i see the colors and i can generate correct weights, yay!

• 1 month later...

i finally tested everything from the video above and the magic thing that makes the difference is the starting point:

you really have to load the CalienteSets.xml manually in the new-project dialog and then select "CalienteAdvanced BBP" or TBBP as you like.. when you're working with such a base-shape, then it really starts to jiggle in-game.. verry nice

Archived