Help with getting Lady Body into BodyChange - A Multi-Bodyshape System

Eu4orick

BodyChange - A Multi-Bodyshape System

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37546/?

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me please, reading through the general directions provided I'm still a bit confused as to where everything should go with moving files!

I want to transfer Lady Body and all armors it comes with if possible to wherever that needs to go with this mod. That mod comes with rather alot of stuff...

I want to completely avoid changing my default body which is UNPB and it's armor throughout the game and it's NPC's.

At the moment I use ECE's ygnord race as my PC so I can have meshes and textures for that all separate from Skyrim's NPC's, so my rediculas texture sizes/quality are not loaded for every npc and kill performance really badly.

Thanks

Body change uses 9 custom slots for the meshes and textures. Your default body is the one at Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets, the 9 custom slots are in Data\meshes\Bodychange\CustomSet1 to CustomSet9; and the textures are in Data\textures\Bodychange\CustomSet1 to CustomSet9

So if your default is UNPB you can leave it at that in Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets.

To use LB go to it's zip file and copy all that's on meshes (.nifs) into one of the custom slots, in this case, the first empty: Data\meshes\Bodychange\CustomSet3 (customset 1 has CBBE inside and custom 2 has UNP), and the textures (.dds) in Data\Textures\Bodychange\CustomSet3.

After that, when in game, you just go to the MCM menu->BodyChange->BodyChange Options, and select form the right list the correct one )when you highlight an item, in the lower part it says which custom slot it is) and click on it, and when you exit all menus the body will change.

Alternatively, you can alt+tab to go to the folders and do the changes and go to the game and change bodies so you don't have to exit the game and reopen it every time.

As for the armors, you don't need to move them, just be careful when you put them on in game, if I'm not mistaken LB armros chrashes the game if you don't have LB on.

But this might not help you thoroughly , I remember that I struggled a bit when I wanted to try it on the mod, but since I didn't liked the body I removed it and I really no remember what troubles I came across.

See this is the thing, does the body change, change your PC body as well as the rest of the npc population upon switching in MCM? Or is it like a custom race and only the PC is changed?

I never knew of a way of making my PC unique to the game without affecting every other NPC in game until I used ECE. I need it to be unique with a body change mod if possible, doesn't matter about the face much but I cannot have it loading every NPC in the game with nearly 300mb of high quality skin/face textures rofl :).

Run into a problem as I suspected. Copied all the mesh files from LB_v2.1\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets too: Data\meshes\BodyChange\CustomSet3 wasn't sure if those were the right ones seeing as the body stuff is nowhere else. Copied all textures from: LB_v2.1\Data\Textures\actors\character\female too: Data\textures\BodyChange\CustomSet3 I had to create the CustomSet3 folder myself as there was none other than Backup CustomSet 1-2 folders there!

Load everything up and all I get is my characters head load up and everything else is invisible? I'm going to try tweak this anyway but is this something to do with the body parts meshes being named Ladybody_0, LadyFeet_0 etc and not femalebody_0, femalefeet_0 etc that it's not working ingame please anyone?

Yea, they have to be named femalebody_0, femalebody_1, femalehands_0, femalehands_1, and so on.

Also when you change body type, make sure you use the regenerate textures option in the MCM menu so the body textures can update with the face textures. Otherwise you get different colored skin.

Have I also got to rename the textures as well as those are also called LadyBody_   etc and not femalebody_0? Head mesh? That got to be left alone and not replaced with Ladies one?

Just rename them into their respective female(bodyparthere).dds.

If you have to replace a head mesh remember to do the nikskope changes to texture directory in the nif file so the head has the correct textures. Only applies to head meshes.

Archived