CTD before main menu

krominof

I finished installing my mods and started playing the game. I played it off and on several times without any problems. But, now the game is CTD right after the "Bethesda" logo disappears on startup. I hadn't added anything new in between the time that the game started to work and then began crashing. 

My Papyrus.0.log looks like this:

[01/01/2014 - 10:51:36PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[01/01/2014 - 10:51:36PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[01/01/2014 - 10:51:36PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[01/01/2014 - 10:51:36PM] Cannot open store for class "dlc2soulstealscript", missing file?

[01/01/2014 - 10:51:36PM] Cannot open store for class "dlc2mq06miraakbossbattle", missing file?

I thought that I had read that this might have to do with FNIS? Any ideas?

Ten times out of ten that usually means you're missing a file dependency. As in, you're missing an esm/esp requirement of a mod, or whatever is required isn't activated in the load order. Check your load order and mods to see if you're missing anything.

edit: if you're using skyproc, you may need to update it.

Download TES5Edit http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/? install it and run it each time it stops read the bottom right hand area to see what caused it fix it close tes5edit and repeat till it is able to load everything up without hitting a error then try starting the game again. Also it is a good idea to post your load order as we can't really help much as we have no clue as to what you have installed in your game.

Download TES5Edit http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/? install it and run it each time it stops read the bottom right hand area to see what caused it fix it close tes5edit and repeat till it is able to load everything up without hitting a error then try starting the game again. Also it is a good idea to post your load order as we can't really help much as we have no clue as to what you have installed in your game.

This

This

That is so smart! I wish I'd thought of this method months ago! I'm going to try this out asap and let you know how it turns out.

EDIT: [sOLVED] This method worked perfectly. The computer I was installing on does not have Dragonborn and NMM had activated two mods that were dependent on it. I was able to track them down and remove them. Kind of strange that NMM did that, but I'm happy to know about this method to solve the CTD.

Archived