'Fix' hostile status of a faction (Powdergangers)

XEman

Since I'm using SexoutNG + Tryouts I was hoping to see what the Powder Gangers had to offer. Unfortunately when I chose to defend Goodsprings, I killed Joe Cobb and the others, rather than letting the NPCs kill most of them off to prevent the Vilified reputation. If you side with Goodsprings you'll just get Shunned, but landing killing blows to Powder Gangers during the fight will raise it.

I've already used addreputation and removereputation to put my Infamy down below Shunned, but they're still hostile. Then I raised my Fame with them to Liked and they're still hostile. Armor on makes non-guards safe, but I can't enter the NCRCF because the guards spot me even if I'm wearing Powder Ganger Guard Armor.

Note that I'm playing female for obvious purposes of using Tryouts.

In theory I should not be attacked almost immediately so long as I wear the armor and talk to the guard at the entrance to NCRCF and have Shunned or lower Infamy, right?

Unfortunately you can't do it this way. Changing via the console is meaningless once you hit a certain low point. Instead you have to reset the reputatation before raising it.

I recommend grabbing this mod so you don't ever have to worry about it again:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37871

The esp you want to pull out of the pack and install is XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp

What this does is it will reset your karma automatically for you. Say you defend goodsprings and kill you some powdergangers. No problem - get vilified and just avoid them for a couple of in game days and your reputation with them will slowly go back to neutral. Sure it isn't exactly "lore" friendly but if you want to go that route - stop and think - how would the powdergangers know that it was you killing them when you leave no survivors?????? :)

Note: you don't have to install any other esp's from the mod for the karma one to be functional. Course if you don't like this one there are several other karma mods at the nexus that can fix you up :)

Late night reading on reputations:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_reputations

Unfortunately you can't do it this way. Changing via the console is meaningless once you hit a certain low point. Instead you have to reset the reputatation before raising it.

The esp you want to pull out of the pack and install is XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp

What this does is it will reset your karma automatically for you. Say you defend goodsprings and kill you some powdergangers. No problem - get vilified and just avoid them for a couple of in game days and your reputation with them will slowly go back to neutral.

I don't want to affect any of my other faction reputations/karma or keep a mod loaded... one-off adjustment so I can do the Powder Ganger quest a bit and screw around (literally and figuratively) with the faction.

Thanks for the info... will hold off in case there's another way.

What this does is it will reset your karma automatically for you. Say you defend goodsprings and kill you some powdergangers. No problem - get vilified and just avoid them for a couple of in game days and your reputation with them will slowly go back to neutral.

I don't want to affect any of my other faction reputations/karma or keep a mod loaded... one-off adjustment so I can do the Powder Ganger quest a bit and screw around (literally and figuratively) with the faction.

Thanks for the info... will hold off in case there's another way.

Well if you don't want to use a mod then the console is your only option, make sure you follow the instructions correctly or as you discovered you can be idolized by a faction and still be considered hostile if you don't follow the proper steps:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands

hint: use the removereputation command to remove negative reputation until you hit "0" (neutral). Then you can use the setreputation or addreputation commands to increase your rep from "0" to "+15"

Well if you don't want to use a mod then the console is your only option' date=' make sure you follow the instructions correctly or as you discovered you can be idolized by a faction and still be considered hostile if you don't follow the proper steps:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands

hint: use the removereputation command to remove negative reputation until you hit "0" (neutral). Then you can use the setreputation or addreputation commands to increase your rep from "0" to "+15"

[/quote']

Like I said in the OP, I already used the removereputation on Infamy and addreputation on fame with the PGs. I'll try again as it is possible something else bugged it, such as wearing PG armor at the time.

I've already used addreputation and removereputation to put my Infamy down below Shunned' date=' but they're still hostile. Then I raised my Fame with them to Liked and they're still hostile.

[/quote']

Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

I was basing my info on your OP as you can't use the addreputation command UNTIL you reach "0" or neutral. If you did then you bugged things out.

It is a crappy mechanic but what can you do? :(

Well, if your visit is ONLY for the purpose of testing out Sexout there is a solution...

Kill Dawes (the guard at the door) without getting detected, then put on a powder Ganger uniform.

Then you have a free rein to visit the visitors center, the courtyard, and Cell Block A. However The Administration Building is off limits, as the Bodyguards counts as guards (obviously) as well as the trader-guy in Cellblock B.

So as long as you are content with getting bangganged by cons in the courtyard and don't want to trade or quest this solution works...

Thanks for the help!

Prefer some quests be available, but I'll take what I can get...

What brought it up specifically is the Primm request for a new sheriff.

Funny thing is, according to the fallout wiki entry for Powder Gangers Plain Clothing, a female model doesn't exist for the armor... since there are no female PGs. So how does the PG guard armor disguise my female character? It doesn't exactly make her flat-chested.

Archived