Oblivion not exiting

So, I bought Oblivion Deluxe edition on Steam. Installed MBP and the body replacers. Load it up, everything works perfectly, but when I hit "Exit" it just sits there frozen with the windows cursor. THe only way to exit is to open up Task Manager and click End Task.

This shouldn't happen right? I had a retail version of it and it worked fine, but it only started when I got the Deluxe edition on steam.

What's the problem here?

I'm using: Pluggy v125, OBSE v0021, and Wrye Bash.

Load Order:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
02  x117race.esm
03  Chanpon.esm
04  Knights.esp
05  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
06  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
07  DLCThievesDen.esp
08  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
09  DLCOrrery.esp
0A  DLCHorseArmor.esp
0B  DLCFrostcrag.esp
0C  DLCSpellTomes.esp
0D  DLCVileLair.esp
++  MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
0E  DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
**  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
++  x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
0F  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
10  Lop-ears Elf.esp
++  x117Race ENG Race.esp
11  x117race.esp
12  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

]

I think what you are describing is the Nvidia blank screen error on exit bug. If your using an Nvidia graphics card its a common bug that happens with those graphic cards. Also if you have many mods installed you will also get it to where it won't exit. After awhile cntrl + alt + dlt won't work for me anymore I have to "sign out" and then sign back in again. 

If I remember correctly their is or was a mod on Nexus that tried to "work around" this particular error but I think it ended up causing more errors than what it was trying to fix. 

As far as I know their is no fix, other than using a different graphics card or using less mods. For me, yes  it is bother some but it's something that I live with usually what I end up doing is play the game until I don't want to play anymore or even be on the computer anymore and I then hit cntrl + alt + dlt and then either sign out or shut down. 

Good luck. This is my experience so if someone else has a better fix please do tell. 

Yeah I am using a NVidia card, a GTX 760. I had this problem even when I had no mods, so I don't really know how to fix it either witout changing the graphics card.

The problem with Ctrl+Alt+Del exit is that the ini and any changed settings aren't saved.

The console command saveini however can take care of that before exiting like that.

Another good and crash-free way to exit the game is the console command qqq - please give this one a try! Should work and save the settings.

The problem with Ctrl+Alt+Del exit is that the ini and any changed settings aren't saved.

The console command saveini however can take care of that before exiting like that.

Another good and crash-free way to exit the game is the console command qqq - please give this one a try! Should work and save the settings.

Nope. Tried both of them and yet still it I get this weird bug

Archived