Add BBP to body mesh

bobtheslayer

I'm a big fan of UNPC, but with the recent developments in HDT physics, the lack of BBP weighting on the body is starting to get to me.  My question is, what is the easiest way of adding BBP to the body?  Is there a way of copying the weighting over from the incredibly similar UNP body?  I have a very small amount of blender experience, but this kind of thing is beyond me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of UNPC, but with the recent developments in HDT physics, the lack of BBP weighting on the body is starting to get to me.  My question is, what is the easiest way of adding BBP to the body?  Is there a way of copying the weighting over from the incredibly similar UNP body?  I have a very small amount of blender experience, but this kind of thing is beyond me.

would love to see how to do this also. At least a source where one could learn exactly how to add tbbp/bbp to regular mesh like unp.

Probably the easiest way to add BBP to an existing body/armor/clothing in Blender is do the following:

1. Remove all weights from your body/armor/clothing.

2. Import a body that has BBP (or even TBBP if you want that, too :)).

3. Use the blender script Bone Weights Copy and copy the weights from the BBP body onto your body/armor/clothing.

4. Then you either parent your model to the already imported skeleton of the BBP body or you re-import and parent the skeleton alone (sometimes the latter is necessary, due to random Blender quirks).

5. Export your now BBP compatible model :).

Voila!

Unfortunately, simple addition of bones in NifSkope will not help, because you also need to WEIGHT your model to the BBP skeleton.

Here you will find a "BBP tutorial for 3ds max", the modder "CherryHotaling" has developed this tutorial.

[RECOVERED] Modding Armor for CHSBHC BBP tutorial for 3ds max

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20867-recovered-modding-armor-for-chsbhc-bbp-tutorial-for-3ds-max/

I would personally suggest using Blender 2.49b, since it's open source and free, and you don't have to go to such trouble as getting a license for 3ds max or (gasp!) pirating it :).

Here you will find a "BBP tutorial for 3ds max", the modder "CherryHotaling" has developed this tutorial.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20867-recovered-modding-armor-for-chsbhc-bbp-tutorial-for-3ds-max/

I would personally suggest using Blender 2.49b, since it's open source and free, and you don't have to go to such trouble as getting a license for 3ds max or (gasp!) pirating it :).

I do not understand, why is the use of 3ds max, piracy?

this learning program has been developed by "CherryHotaling" and he has this yet released!

german

das verstehe ich nicht , wieso ist die verwendung von 3ds max , piraterie ?

dieses lernprogramm wurde von "CherryHotaling" entwickelt und er hat dieses doch freigegeben !

I do not understand, why is the use of 3ds max, piracy?
this learning program has been developed by "CherryHotaling" and he has this yet released!

german

das verstehe ich nicht , wieso ist die verwendung von 3ds max , piraterie ?

dieses lernprogramm wurde von "CherryHotaling" entwickelt und er hat dieses doch freigegeben !

The use of 3ds max is no piracy at all. I never said anything like that :P. However, in order to legally get a license you need to be a student doing visual arts or something similar. I checked this myself, because I was also interested in working in 3ds max and that's just Autodesk's policy. They can even request a certificate that you actually are studying something that requires the help of Autodesk's software.

You can always try the 30-day trial version. Although I'd just go for Blender ;D.

Archived