Drastic slowdown

moozoo

Hi guys,

Right I've been having an issue of late that I'm having trouble diagnosing.

Somewhere between 3-5 minutes after loading up the game I'm seeing serious slow downs in both frame rate and input detection, at first I thought it may be the ENB I'm using so I disabled it and low and behold its still there.  I've looked through the SKSE log and I can't really see anything throwing up any errors or at least enough of them to cause this sort of slow down.  I'm dropping from 120fps to about 15, If I carry on playing it'll keep dropping every few seconds until around 8.8fps.  

I'll not post my load order because I can't see anything wrong with it also this is a recent problem and the only thing to change in my load order is the update to Sexrim that was posted a few days ago(although I'm still not seeing anything serious enough in the log to amount to this much lag).  I've also been monitoring my CPU,GPU,HD and ram temps and they aren't getting anything close to high (even in usage they are no higher than normal).  In fact today they have been the coldest all year and the problem actually seems worse.

I'm wondering if it might not be something to do with save bloating?  However I know little about this issue, but I DO know how to clean up save files with the cunning use of a hex editor I'm wondering if it might be worth a try.

Another idea I've had is MAYBE a PSU issue..I have had one in the past but then instead of slowing down it would just shut off my PC so I doubt its that.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Ta

Moozoo

It  could be a save file and see how big they are if they are huge in size it means you have a mod that is bloating your saves and that can cause lag/slowdown. Just because you don't see anything wrong in the load order that doesn't mean it is good some mods rear their ugly heads later on down the road the longer they are turned on they don't all just up and show themselves after being installed as problem mods.

Managed to solve the issue I think..

As stated it had nothing to do with loadorder, that was the first thing I checked mainly because 90% of the time the problem will be the load order.  

However I was looking through the debug log and noticed Wet and Cold was constantly kicking up a fuss about something which seemed odd to me.  I also spent a couple of hours chasing up why ActorEvent would flood the log with warnings at startup but it turns out thats just something that happens.

Anyway after a little more searching I found that a few of my mods were outdated by a couple of versions, so after a quick update and removal of a few armor mods that I don't need anymore, went back into the game and I've managed to play for the last hour or so without a single drop in FPS.  

Yay for me!

Archived