Need some thoughts on my situation

maybenexttime

So, I mistakenly paid for water heater for 31$ which was some part of a deal, when I was trying to pay my bill which was around 90$ for heating/gas/water heating. This was my first time using the website to pay for my bill. Anyways, I call them literally about 30 seconds later and waited until I can talk to a PGW (the gas company name) representative. I told them I mistakenly paid for it and I would like a refund as I was just trying to pay my bill. The funny part is that I am moving to a different apartment this week. SO, why would I pay for a water heater service that starts on December 17th to October 14th, 2014 when NO ONE is going to live in this apartment. So the PGW employee told me he sent a notice to the Parts department and I have to call back within a week. So a week goes by I call back and they say NO, we cannot give you a refund of 31$. I am college student in pharmacy, I am not made of money, in fact the quite opposite. They told me there is a "rule" saying no refunds allowed.

Now than I ask myself... there is a law in which speeding is illegal. So if your loved one suffers a severe heart attack, are you going to drive within the speed limit and not rush to the closest hospital. Are you going to simply take your time?

Or what if there is a fire in the library. Everyone knows the rule in the library. You are suppose to be quiet and respectful. So are you simply going to close your book, get up, and walk out towards the exit nonchalantly? Heck no! The right thing to do would be to get up and grab everyone's attention and shout a warning to them to reach the nearest exit.

Now than I looked at the about us page in the PGworks webpage. At one section it says "We, like the great city we serve..." I mean really? It seems to me they are serving themselves first before customers. 

Or what about Mr. White's personal message it uses the word "commitment, customer satisfaction, serve..." Why do I feel like I am getting the short end of the stick? I am absolutely disgusted with customer services from PGworks.

Okay, so this thread became a bit of a rant as well but I mean am I wrong to be expecting a refund when it was my mistake of accidentally paying for it?

I actually even tweeted and facebook messaged them as well, as I was pretty upset. I rarely tweet, let alone use it to vent my frustration.

If you want to follow on my rage @alee1241 and see my complaints on PGWorks...

Thanks for reading...

Yea they should give you a refund sense you called so soon, Kinda bs that their arent!

Thats like my Garbage man was refusing to take my garbage bags cause they was to "heavy"   <_< The BAG HE was complaning about, was about 5 or 6 torn up boxs that isnt even that big!!!.  Like its your job to do something, not make excuses and lie :| 

Ur best bet may be to try and sell it on like craigslist or some shit XDD

So, I mistakenly paid for water heater for 31$ which was some part of a deal, when I was trying to pay my bill which was around 90$ for heating/gas/water heating. This was my first time using the website to pay for my bill. Anyways, I call them literally about 30 seconds later and waited until I can talk to a PGW (the gas company name) representative. I told them I mistakenly paid for it and I would like a refund as I was just trying to pay my bill. The funny part is that I am moving to a different apartment this week. SO, why would I pay for a water heater service that starts on December 17th to October 14th, 2014 when NO ONE is going to live in this apartment. So the PGW employee told me he sent a notice to the Parts department and I have to call back within a week. So a week goes by I call back and they say NO, we cannot give you a refund of 31$. I am college student in pharmacy, I am not made of money, in fact the quite opposite. They told me there is a "rule" saying no refunds allowed.

Now than I ask myself... there is a law in which speeding is illegal. So if your loved one suffers a severe heart attack, are you going to drive within the speed limit and not rush to the closest hospital. Are you going to simply take your time?

Or what if there is a fire in the library. Everyone knows the rule in the library. You are suppose to be quiet and respectful. So are you simply going to close your book, get up, and walk out towards the exit nonchalantly? Heck no! The right thing to do would be to get up and grab everyone's attention and shout a warning to them to reach the nearest exit.

Now than I looked at the about us page in the PGworks webpage. At one section it says "We, like the great city we serve..." I mean really? It seems to me they are serving themselves first before customers. 

Or what about Mr. White's personal message it uses the word "commitment, customer satisfaction, serve..." Why do I feel like I am getting the short end of the stick? I am absolutely disgusted with customer services from PGworks.

Okay, so this thread became a bit of a rant as well but I mean am I wrong to be expecting a refund when it was my mistake of accidentally paying for it?

I actually even tweeted and facebook messaged them as well, as I was pretty upset. I rarely tweet, let alone use it to vent my frustration.

If you want to follow on my rage @alee1241 and see my complaints on PGWorks...

Thanks for reading...

I would totally do that, heck I would put on sunglasses and not look at the fire B|!

Kidding aside, you might want to check a few legal books. To an extent depending on the law it might protect you, stating that you cannot be charged for a service you have not incurred in, regardless of their policy.

You would think they'd at least give you a credit on your next bill instead.

Or have they already mailed the heater, $31 sounds pretty cheap for a hot water service, a 125litre one is around $1000 over here.

I thought he/she paid a bill for 31$, but if she got a water heater for 31$ sell it for a couple thousand.... jesus there's your anwser.

Archived