Loading a Save Crashes Skyrim

Riley Serrano

Hey there, so the title of this is pretty self explanatory, I'm loading up a save for Skyrim, and the game crashes to desktop everytime I do. This is right after game start up too, and the only way I can play Skyrim is to find a save that WILL load, load that, and then select the save I actually want to. It's not a really big deal, but I'd like to be able to play without having to load five or six saves before I can finally play, so any help would be appreciated in diagnosing this. I've had this same problem after wiping out Skyrim and ALL of my saves completely, and then reinstalling all of my mods from a fresh start.Ā  This is my current load order right now, hopefully this may help diagnose my problem.

Ā 

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
dragonlord-greatsword.esp=1
invulnerableuniquehorses.esp=1
lydiainvunlerablemod01.esp=1
portal2mod.esp=1
staffofsweetrolls.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp=1
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
The Ningheim.esp=1
LunariRace.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux.esp=1
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp=1
JackshKasumiArmor3.esp=1
HuntressArmor.esp=1
isilNarsil.esp=1
SeraphineHuntedArmor.esp=1
AsharaPrinceOfTheWoods.esp=1
DreamBurrowsRegalHuntsmanArmor.esp=1
Infinite Blade Armor.esp=1
NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp=1
DualSwords.esp=1
DarkerThanBlack.esp=1
Northgirl.esp=1
BlackSacramentArmor.esp=1
BlackSacramentDBReplacer.esp=1
Calyps-Hair-Alpha.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1
KTABladeOfWoe.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1
Pinup Poser.esp=1
WATER.esp=1
WATER Plants.esp=1
WATER DB Waves.esp=1
WATER DG.esp=1
InfinityBlade.esp=1
LoversVictim.esp=1
CharacterMakingExtender.esp=1
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp=1
NewmBikininLatex2.esp=1
DonMichHeels.esp=1
HotpantsBikini.esp=1
3DMG.esp=1
FNIS EIS - Brainsperm.esp=1
Ghost of Spriggan.esp=1
Bijin Warmaidens.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp=1
SOS - B3lisario UNP Addon.esp=1
SOS Schlong Controller.esp=1
Ā 

So I've come across this very interesting bug and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I got turned into a Vampire today by Lord Harkon, and when I loaded in for the first time as my bad ass Vampire self, my characters bust was super stretched out going through the floor? Like a warped mesh/texture issue. Turning into a Vampire Lord fixed it, but I want to know what caused it in the first place?

If I were you, I'd

Ā 

1) Clean the save with THIS

2) Then use - I really recommend this for salvaging heavilly modded savegames - THIS

Ā 

Saving saves IS possible. I nearly lost over 200hours of gameplay twice. Each time it was because of old running scripts.

Ā 

Read the guide and stick to it though. Make backups also. Never delete old savegames.

So I've come across this very interesting bug and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I got turned into a Vampire today by Lord Harkon, and when I loaded in for the first time as my bad ass Vampire self, my characters bust was super stretched out going through the floor? Like a warped mesh/texture issue. Turning into a Vampire Lord fixed it, but I want to know what caused it in the first place?

Ā 

Run the FNIS utility again. That happened to me after updating a couple of mods. Updating FNIS files with the utility fixed the issue.

FNIS is your culprit it will crash your game on loading a save file. many people are facing same problem and i am personally tired of all this CTD when loading this has made my game unplayable i have uninstalled fnis and fnis based mods and will not be installing it till fore fixes the CTD issue

FNIS is your culprit it will crash your game on loading a save file. many people are facing same problem and i am personally tired of all this CTD when loading this has made my game unplayable i have uninstalled fnis and fnis based mods and will not be installing it till fore fixes the CTD issue

Did you happen to have pinup poser installed? It's pretty much confirmed by Kapaer(author of safety load and showracemenu precache killer) the cause of CTD on load is not fnis itself, but pinup poser. Apparently many people have the same issue, fore and a few other experienced modders were trying to track down the culprit, and that's what they found.

Ā 

Did you happen to have pinup poser installed? It's pretty much confirmed by Kapaer(author of safety load and showracemenu precache killer) the cause of CTD on load is not fnis itself, but pinup poser. Apparently many people have the same issue, fore and a few other experienced modders were trying to track down the culprit, and that's what they found.

Ā 

nope never downloaded that mod not much into posing stuff and screenshots

I think you can load the very first because there is a whole lot to load, to begin with. The textures, the shit you'd done throughout Skyrim, and trying to maintain a dynamic world so it won't be a creampuff... I think all that stresses the loading process and if it goes a certain threshold, it just "poops".

Archived