Selling Video Games!

Lovely Rose

Seriously, what the (censored by Nuka Cola) Is up with gamestop?

I purchased this Metal Gear Rising from Konami (came with free gift im using as a christmas present)

and gamestop offered me 5 DOLLARS FOR IT. 

<__< gamestop has it for 30 brand new. 

I put it on ebay if anyone actually wants it >_> (for xbox, its brand new for 20$ ^_^)

I mean i WOULD of toke 12 or so? but nooo <_< 4 dollars case in pocket or 5 dollars in store credit.

the GUY was like

Wow if you want we can get you 5$ in store credit. LIKE IT WAS A AWESOME DEAL. <_< i was like *Hang up* NOPE.

So yea, you guys have any stupid offers from people/places :|

I know my friend got 2 copies of skyrim for his birthday (his birthday was like week after skyrim released?) and they offered him 20$ for it still sealed. ridonkulous !!!

You have to consider that if they buy it from you at 5$ they will probably end up selling it at 15$ max since the new game is worth 30, nobody would consider buying a second hand game more than half the price.

Same goes for Skyrim, they will buy it for 20 and sell it back for 30 while the new one in the box is 60.

I agree that 5$ seems awful low but you can't expect better unless you are selling hand to hand.

It would be bad for them to buy it from you and resell like it was a new game.

I don't think they can even consider doing that so what I am saying is : this is a second hand game no matter its still under blister or not, you'd better sell it hand to hand because any shop will give you a low price as they won't even give a damn that it is still under blister.

Guest endgameaddiction

It's obvious you are selling a new game, but for all gamestop knows, it could be an opened game resealed. Not saying it is. I believe you, but that's the way it works. They aren't going to open the game to find out if it's new or been used. Otherwise if it is new and they find out, it's been unwrapped now and that right there has made it lost it's value. You are better off ebaying it or finding some other way to sell it other than gamestop or any video game stores that buy games. Try craigslist.

Guest endgameaddiction

Pawn shops do this all the time. It's business. They don't buy something to sell it equal value to a consumer or else there is no profit out of it.

If you have the receipt, then you can refund and get your money back depending the store policy. Worst case scenario is getting store credit and using that to purchase something else.

If I'm understanding correctly, you got this game as a gift and it's basically a second copy? If that's the case, the person who bought for you should have kept the receipt, no? That would be the smart thing to do in case there is something wrong with the game. Companies are very strict about opened case CDs and video games. Unless you have the receipt you will probably get rejected for a refund or store credit. However, since the game is still sealed, it's possible you can get store credit if you can find out where it was purchases. Even better with the receipt. So my advise is talking to the person who got the game for you as a gift.

I hope that I just didn't type that out and it turns out that wasn't the case....

Pawn shops do this all the time. It's business. They don't buy something to sell it equal value to a consumer or else there is no profit out of it.

If you have the receipt, then you can refund and get your money back depending the store policy. Worst case scenario is getting store credit and using that to purchase something else.

If I'm understanding correctly, you got this game as a gift and it's basically a second copy? If that's the case, the person who bought for you should have kept the receipt, no? That would be the smart thing to do in case there is something wrong with the game. Companies are very strict about opened case CDs and video games. Unless you have the receipt you will probably get rejected for a refund or store credit. However, since the game is still sealed, it's possible you can get store credit if you can find out where it was purchases. Even better with the receipt. So my advise is talking to the person who got the game for you as a gift.

I hope that I just didn't type that out and it turns out that wasn't the case....

thats not the case :3

I bought the game from KONAMI, 

https://shop.konami.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=Holiday2013_MGR_Bundle_Bobble_X360&vSKU=KO-MGRBOBBLEBUNDLX

I BOUGHT THAT ^

im using the bobblehead as a Christmas gift, and i want to get rid of the game cause i dont like it in general (have played  my freinds copy) so i want to sale this one. XD

Guest endgameaddiction

Woops, Forgot you mentioned Konami.

I over looked the site's warranty on products here. Try Konami Customer Service Center. Tell them about your case.

Woops, Forgot you mentioned Konami.

I over looked the site's warranty on products here. Try Konami Customer Service Center. Tell them about your case.

what case o..o

sorry i bought ur stuff but didnt want this, i want full refund? XD

aint got time for that hun :P

ill just keep it on ebay till it sales. *shrug* friend already said he was intrested

Well that's pretty sad. I bought the new metal gear when it came out, played it for ten minutes and it's been collecting dust, good to know I got 5 dollars investment sitting around. You want to use craigslist for games because you can play it and sell it for like five dollars less for what you paid. So if you paid 65, you could sell it for probably 60 or 55 and someone would buy it pretty quickly, best way to do it.

Archived