texture problem with solstheim craters

straightforward, but amazingly thorny. My solstheim craters, and other bits of volcanic debris around the island, look like this. seems fairly straightforwardly a mesh problem - referencing a texture which isnt there, or something. unfortunately, i have only one single mod which touches that mesh, and it is the ENB particle patch. and hiding its mesh folder doesnt fix the problem. I had a similar problem with forges, which appears to have been caused by a simple conflict. disabling the conflicting mesh solved it. in this case, there is no conflict. nothing is superseding the particle patch, and even the vanilla model looks similar.

ScreenShot75.png

amendment: i also only have one mod which affects the effect textures and fire gradient. disabling it has no effect. also these heaps of rock do not seem to respond to any ENB settings.

no embers, and the only lighting i use is Luminosity, which only alters interior lighting. As far as patches, im not sure WHAT needs to be patched, or how to even find that out, so it would hard to reason which patch i might be missing. I fired up my entire load order in xEdit to look for conflicts there, and nothing at all has altered the static entries for any of these objects =/

ive also tried loading the save without the particle patch or smim esps active, and it doesnt help.

On 5/4/2024 at 11:50 PM, Elizinator said:

seems fairly straightforwardly a mesh problem - referencing a texture which isnt there, or something

I would think more like that is a vanilla mesh. There doesn't seem to be anything missing as such.

Have you looked at the ENB support thread for anyone having similar issues?

Also, what texture overhaul are you using for the terrain?

What do things like campfires, forges, torch flames and magic flame/fire look like?

On 5/5/2024 at 12:12 AM, Elizinator said:

ive also tried loading the save without the particle patch or smim esps active, and it doesnt help.

Might not help if the info is already baked into the save.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I would think more like that is a vanilla mesh. There doesn't seem to be anything missing as such.

Have you looked at the ENB support thread for anyone having similar issues?

Also, what texture overhaul are you using for the terrain?

What do things like campfires, forges, torch flames and magic flame/fire look like?

Might not help if the info is already baked into the save.

texture overhaul is cathedral landscapes, with rally's solstheim overtop. i tried it out when attempting to fix this very problem, and like the ash better =P

campfires, forges etc all look fine. as i mentioned, at first this did affect forges as well, but that was a mesh conflict, which i have solved.

ok, does anyone know a mesh replacer for the solstheim magma craters and lava bombs? pretty much all i can find is the ENB patch - which might be the problem - and texture replacers. there is really nothing more i can try.

2 hours ago, Elizinator said:

sure enough, Embers does in fact replace the wiggy models in question, and appears to have worked! Also the textures are obviously superior.

Glad it worked.

FYI Embers updates regularly.