How do I create custom Idle Animations?

Is there anyone familiar with a tutorial that explains how to to add idel's for Skyrim VR? In essence, I am attempting to convert animations from GS Poses into idle animations. I have added them to the animations tab in the default behaviors, but they are not working in game. I have followed a F04 tutorial for guidance, but I am unable to locate any information regarding the directory.

image.jpeg.5ae7b8fc03dc0f8e9133b70328545ef0.jpeg

Screenshot(2375).jpg.3cf5c84bf1cc8f0f66b2d39edcee4511.jpg

FO4 Tutorial

Edited by Jenova23
  • Jenova23 changed the title to How do I create custom Idle Animations?
3 hours ago, Jenova23 said:

Is there anyone familiar with a tutorial that explains how to to add idel's for Skyrim VR? In essence, I am attempting to convert animations from GS Poses into idle animations. I have added them to the animations tab in the default behaviors, but they are not working in game. I have followed a F04 tutorial for guidance, but I am unable to locate any information regarding the directory.

image.jpeg.5ae7b8fc03dc0f8e9133b70328545ef0.jpeg

Screenshot(2375).jpg.3cf5c84bf1cc8f0f66b2d39edcee4511.jpg

FO4 Tutorial

there are mods which can play for example random idles...an idle animation seems for standard to be a standing animation, which is little moving on both feet-and such idle is then blended over into a walking or side step and such like if you start to move the character. Normally ther´s only one idle, which is gender-depending-female and male idle are normally picked by the animation engine from different folders. You can replace the standard idles for male /female by exactly a different one: in that case that new idle is coming with the same name like the original one and it simply replaces the old one. The game is then glitching the idle with the exact behavior-setup into a walk or move of the character. Skyrim offers no random or multiple idle play and how I mentioned do you need to look after the mentioned mod if you want to add your new idles in a random way. If new idle animations are being added, the behavior graph of the game has to become edited in a working way. This feature is offered by FNIS, which has a friendly interface doing so, it´s guide is quite quick read and then you can also integrate new animation-idles into the game. Anyway are all those new added animations not blended or serious new parts of the original behavior of animations, all the new content is been added as is. FNIS is a hack, which is offering a chance to add more animations into this game by using a nice userfriendly interface+guide. The Creation Kit can´t offer to edit the behavior graph of the animations of this game, it only is offering  a connection between different content: it allows to link the animations to become useful parts inside of the gameworld like idle-markers (for NPCs only!), furnitures with different group of idles and it´s behavior blend, which is part of the havok-animation-behavior (CODED) and some free idles, which you found under the LOOSE-folder for example. Different sorts and named animation-types allow to handle different tasks inside of the game. Adding idles means to edit the behavior graph and to integrate new animations in such a way, so that the Creation-Engine is able to read them and play them with a suiting task/link/object/asset..and so on.

If using gunslicer´s work, you may only have there a bunch of poses, so far I remember ... those can be called by a suiting mod and an interface ingame, by a wheel and chooseable pictograms (if you are familar with coding papyrus) or you need to create simply asset-based activators, with a small codeline to call the wanted idle from there. Such an asset could be a carpet or maybe a wooden board, which you let become an activator and so you can fire the wanted animation by using a single codeline and that script could also then choose your integrated poses by adding a variable for the choice of the animation, then. You could also add those by creating a furniture and fire up all those animations RANDOMLY with another script...but furnitures need for minimum three stages and that won´t be suiting to add only a still pose..best way would be to do it by my first suggestion, wheel or: activator-based, if your mod shall become a "mastermod". That ´s the primary problem, in which way you want this all to become realized in game.

Edited by t.ara