If I have a subset set of Sexlab animations, one of which I think would make a good idle for OAR. How do I make an animation into an mt_idle?  Because if I select a middle animation of a sequence of three, just calling it mt_idle doesn't do the job.

I use Nemesis in game.

I'd be grateful for some pointers.

Thanks!

From my limited knowledge if it's already in .hkx format, you just need to rename it to mt_idle.hkx and then just place it in _CustomConditions folder or whatever OAR uses to fire those up. If it's not a .hkx file then I don't know.

I'm still using DAR and all my idle animation files are inside following structure:

meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\<5-digit number>\female\mt_idle.hkx

I have several because I'm using Aroused Sexy Idles and different conditions are tied to different levels of arousal with different idle animations for each

If OAR is supposedly backwards compatible with DAR then I would assume the folder structure should look something like above, but you'll need to refer to OAR documentation for that. Both DAR and OAR claim you do not need to run FNIS/Nemesis, but I always do FNIS, since I have it set up to auto-run in my mod manager whenever any animation mod is installed/uninstalled.

If you'd like to assign this animation to let's say, all females globally, regardless of conditions, then just rename it as I said above and put it in meshes/actors/character/animations/female. You will need to run FNIS/Nemesis after that however.

Edited by belegost

A couple of things come to mind:

FNIS has some... lets call them "options" when you define animations in the FNIS_*_List.txt files. Here's a couple of samples:

s PsycheTrollRape_A2_S1 PsycheTrollRape_A2_S1.hkx 
b -h,md GS1 GS1.hkx

The first one is (obviously) a SL animation, the second one is an idle animation. I'm sure there's documentation for these FNIS "options" somewhere, I remember seeing it, but purely based on this I'd define my new idle like so:

b -h,md MY_IDLE my_awesome_idle.hkx

After this, the playidle console command, and probably the equivalent Papyrus functions, look for a IDLE record when told to play an animation. Here's a sample:

Screenshot2024-04-17222501.png.da020bea68fc57ea3b9be63e71cb48d9.png

Edit: Just found a DAR idle animation I set up a long time ago. @belegost is correct. None of the stuff I mentioned above is needed in this case.

Edited by traison
Posted (edited)

Thank you very much to both of you.

I once tried the rename to mt_idle.hkx, but the animation never fired in DAR (which I was using at the time).

Perhaps I just blobbed the DAR folder up, though I thought I had it right and my other DAR stuff is OK. 

So, it really is as simple as renaming the HKX. 

I'll try again!

Edited by Bluegunk
20 hours ago, Bluegunk said:

So, it really is as simple as renaming the HKX. 

Yeah, I learned this when I was fiddling with Gunslicer's replacers and made a customised version of his sneak package that I wanted to marry with Pretty Combat Animations. All the files had names mt_something and were direct replacers of vanilla that are normally hidden within BSA structure.

I achieved what I intended.

It turns out the DAR system (yes, I know OAR has replaced it!) was killing what I'd created. Once I understood how it was happening, my renamed animations appeared.