Question about making SL scenes happen on a schedule, with specific NPCs.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum section to post this on. If this is the wrong place, I would request the mods move it to the proper forum area, rather than delete it, please.

I'm working on a personal use mod that changes two (potentially more) interior cells.

1.) Ulfric's Palace

2.) Tall Mast Tavern (Helgen Reborn Mod)

Essentially, what I'm trying to accomplish is the following...

I've created 2 NPC "Concubines" for Ulfric, and would like to create a package (like sandboxing), where at specific times, Ulfric will make use of them.

Similarly, I'd like to enrich the concept of Helgen Reborn's added brothel The Tall Mast, to where patrons actually engage the services of the workers there, and also having the workers put on live shows for the patrons.

I'm not a complete novice when it comes to using the CK for somewhat simple things, like creating NPCs, or interior worldspaces, however I'm just now starting to explore making "scenes" and am in a bit over my head. Tutorial videos are painfully lacking in depth when it comes to this subject.

What resources am I required to have (beyond sexlab, its reqs, and the animation packs)? How do I incorporate things into a package that triggers at specific times, rather than depending on something like SL Arousal? Is there a way to (in the case of Ulfric and the concubines) vary between 3somes and 1on1 actions? In the case of The Tall Mast, is it possible for NPCs (like Ericur, Tullius, etc.) to travel there and engage the services? Moreover, is it possible to create a dialogue option to hire the services there beyond the cut to black scene from the original mod?

Finally, with this particular knowledge, is it possible to implement this sort of package with randomly spawned NPCs? As such, making it possible to catch Bandits, or Forsworn/Necromancers, etc "en flagrante" when raiding/sneaking through their bases?

Thank you kindly, in advance, for any guidance you may have on this topic.

On 4/3/2024 at 3:49 PM, Mister_Discrete said:

What resources am I required to have (beyond sexlab, its reqs, and the animation packs)?

It's been a while since I set up the CK but if I recall correctly you'll need the source files for SKSE and RaceMenu in addition to the source files for SexLab, which come with it. And, you'll need to have them all in the right directory, which for me is data/scripts/source.

How do I incorporate things into a package that triggers at specific times, rather than depending on something like SL Arousal?

You can give NPCs a travel or sandbox package to make them go places at specific times. You could also give them a higher priority package to make them force greet an NPC with dialogue at a specific time, and that dialogue could have a script fragment that triggers a Sexlab animation, but the Sexlab animation won't work if the NPCs are not 3D loaded, and the NPCs won't be 3D loaded if the PC is not in the cell. Which is a long-winded way of saying that it's probably better to just use packages to get the NPCs to the right place at the right time, and then set up a trigger box in the cell that triggers a Sexlab animation when the PC walks in the door. 

Is there a way to (in the case of Ulfric and the concubines) vary between 3somes and 1on1 actions?

There is a "GetRandomPercent" function that can be used with "if" statements to randomize things. 

In the case of The Tall Mast, is it possible for NPCs (like Ericur, Tullius, etc.) to travel there and engage the services?

Yes. As mentioned above, I wouldn't try to start the Sexlab animation until the PC shows up. Also, if you use unique NPCs, you may have conflicts with other quests. You might consider "cloning" (copying) these NPCs and just enabling and disabling the clones as needed. 

Moreover, is it possible to create a dialogue option to hire the services there beyond the cut to black scene from the original mod?

This is the easiest of all. Just make a new quest, make it Start Game Enabled, add a line of player dialogue, use GetID to condition the dialogue on the ID of the NPC you want, and then attach a simple script fragment to the end of the dialogue to trigger the Sexlab scene. I would start with this, as it's a good way to test your CK/Sexlab compiling setup.

Finally, with this particular knowledge, is it possible to implement this sort of package with randomly spawned NPCs? As such, making it possible to catch Bandits, or Forsworn/Necromancers, etc "en flagrante" when raiding/sneaking through their bases?

This one is beyond my knowledge. So far, I only know how to mod unique NPCs.

On 4/6/2024 at 5:16 PM, Gristle said:

It's been a while since I set up the CK but if I recall correctly you'll need the source files for SKSE and RaceMenu in addition to the source files for SexLab, which come with it. And, you'll need to have them all in the right directory, which for me is data/scripts/source.

You can give NPCs a travel or sandbox package to make them go places at specific times. You could also give them a higher priority package to make them force greet an NPC with dialogue at a specific time, and that dialogue could have a script fragment that triggers a Sexlab animation, but the Sexlab animation won't work if the NPCs are not 3D loaded, and the NPCs won't be 3D loaded if the PC is not in the cell. Which is a long-winded way of saying that it's probably better to just use packages to get the NPCs to the right place at the right time, and then set up a trigger box in the cell that triggers a Sexlab animation when the PC walks in the door. 

There is a "GetRandomPercent" function that can be used with "if" statements to randomize things. 

Yes. As mentioned above, I wouldn't try to start the Sexlab animation until the PC shows up. Also, if you use unique NPCs, you may have conflicts with other quests. You might consider "cloning" (copying) these NPCs and just enabling and disabling the clones as needed. 

This is the easiest of all. Just make a new quest, make it Start Game Enabled, add a line of player dialogue, use GetID to condition the dialogue on the ID of the NPC you want, and then attach a simple script fragment to the end of the dialogue to trigger the Sexlab scene. I would start with this, as it's a good way to test your CK/Sexlab compiling setup.

This one is beyond my knowledge. So far, I only know how to mod unique NPCs.

Thank you so incredibly much!

I've been boning up on scripting tutorials to try and figure all this out. My problem is that I have no coding background at all, so it's a slow-going process. Thanks to you, I at least have a place to start now.

On 4/8/2024 at 3:27 PM, Mister_Discrete said:

Thank you so incredibly much!

I've been boning up on scripting tutorials to try and figure all this out. My problem is that I have no coding background at all, so it's a slow-going process. Thanks to you, I at least have a place to start now.

No problem. Let me know if you have any questions.