Gonna try and get back into this game, I kinda stopped after playing it and getting mods from here...But when I was playing, I thought of something when using Hero Mode, if this already exists, then let me know.

But when your hero character is captured/kidnapped by raiders or something, instead of the game moving on and you lost that character, you end up losing your original base/team and continue playing as your hero with their new home/owners and all that. Thought that could be fun and interesting, being forced to live a new life as a slave in an entirely new home and have to put up with the new owners, maybe even try to escape or something. (or maybe your original team could try to save you at some point)

Anyways, just throwing this idea out there...normally I'd just post this on Steam, but Steam forums suck and I often get ignored there anyways. >_>

you are basically asking for a completely different game, Rimworld is not an RPG and I would be surprised if there was someone mad enough to mod that

you would need to teach the game to manage a colony, if you ever attacked an enemy settlement you can see that there are currently no such systems in the game

1 hour ago, Joeynator3000 said:

....What? How is that a completely different game? All it's doing when you're captured or something is basically swapping the map... :/

It's not just swapping the map since you would be in enemy territory but with all new behavior to make them not shoot you on sight unless you try to escape.

There would need to be restrictions to were you can/can't go, what you can/can't do, almost all functionalities like putting blueprints, editing restrictions, all of that would need to be disabled as it is no longer under your control.

Unfortunately, as the others said, RimWorld isn't really built for that. It would be a hell of a mod, and almost completely incompatible with just about every other mod you'd want in your modlist. It'd be a nightmare to program. Doable, but the man-hours needed would be absurd.

You're best off treating the game like the story sim it is. If you DO get captured, maybe create your situation in a game like Prison Architect, or for a more "authentic" experience, Kenshi.