SCR reverting to earlier version when ticked on in MO2

Good day to you all. 

I apologize about bothering you all as I know this page is not meant to support MO2 but I asked in their discord and got no response. I updated to the latest release of MO2 yesterday (I am blind and did not see it had an update until I read a forum post on nexus saying the version I had was broken lol).

I am in the process of installing mods on a fresh install of FNV and got to my adult mods. When I load the mod into list, but do not activate it... everything is what it needs to be... (First screen). SCR is showing with the file date of 6/25/2023. 

However
, when I click to activate the mod... it somehow reverts SCR to an earlier version (second screen). It does this no matter how I try to load SCR either as its own file, pulling the most recent esm from its individual download and replacing it in the explorer or merging the most recent stand alone version with the SOFA

I thought perhaps it was just display bug as it seemed to change a lot of file dates (the sexout esm was dated back to 3/3/2000 for instance and a number of others were changed). So I launched the game and get told by Pregnancy that I am using an old version 201800222 of the SCR. I exit the game and attempt to update the file or install the newest version of SCR as a standalone and every time I do, it reverts it back to the 2018 version. 

As I said, I know this site does not support MO2 but they are not answering and Sexout is literally the only reason I reinstalled FNV (>.> Don't you judge me...). I am just trying figure out if anyone has any idea what could be happening and more importantly what can be done? Thank you advance and once more I apologize about wasting your time. 

image1.png

image2.png

Edited by christophergood172
  • 3 weeks later...

Please note, all commentary on the mods themselves presented in this post are solely my opinion and are not commentary on the work put into the mods or the enjoyment others may find in them. I have precisely zero mod creation skill and would never judge someone for putting together something I cannot do. My commentary is merely my experience with the mods listed. I do not mean to offend anyone with said commentary. I always give as much thanks as possible to the people who put so much effort into making mods to increase the enjoyment I get out of a game. Thank you.  

So... an update... not that anyone is reading this any more but still. After playing for a few weeks and finding that everything 'worked', I discovered a significant issue with a dozen other mods and had to rebuild and start over. As part of this starting over, I went through and removed a few of the mods that I either did not wish to use/did not seem to work the way I thought they would. The issue first and foremost is that SmallerTalk hijacks NPC dialog options and in many cases prevented modded quest NPCs from having their normal dialog options and thus broke those quests. Turning smallertalk off in MCM or removing it entirely just made it so those NPCs who SHOULD have dialog not talk to me. Hence me needing to restart because I just could not do anything with those quests. 

With the restart, I decided to remove the following for the new playthrough

- SmallerTalk (For the afore mentioned reason of breaking a dozen other quest mods)

- Tryout [and all associated patches and files] (Was more annoying than anything, having everyone and their brother run up and demand to have sex with me... talking them out of doing so was fun the first couple of times but I have mods that add NPCs to the game, walking into NCRCF and having to deal with fifteen Power Gangers poking at me was just... annoying)

- Unethical Deeds [and all associated patches and files] (Could never get it to really DO anything save for telling me 'Hey this person is not scared of you' Which... if someone was pointing a gun at me I would probably be at least a bit worried... probably something I installed wrong with it but I am too lazy to figure out what given 554 files / 254 plugins in my load order)

There were a couple of other random things I removed (Rockwell Quest mods, Repair Mod, etc.) that had nothing to do with Sexout. 

So... the reason I am giving this update? Upon starting over with a new character... everything works! I am showing the right version of SCR and no more warning for Pregnancy and Offspring. This makes think.. either my entire previous playthrough was just... curiously bugged... which stars knows given how janky modding can might the case... or... more potentially which between Tryout and Unethical Deeds (because I don't think... SmallerTalk was the culprit with... this particular issue) has some remnant or programming bit made my game think it was using an older version of SCR? 

I am not posting this update expecting an answer; more just posting it on the off chance someone else runs into what I did and hope it helps them.

Sorry that I missed your first post, but my experience with Fallout New Vegas is, that due to it having a smaller playerbase/modding base as Oblivion/Skyrim and even Fallout 4, it also means that the mods develop slower and are more yanky.

I'm grateful for this information and sharing of experience.

If SmallerTalk gave issues, SmallTalk might be a better solution, but apart from SmallTalk being older and less features, I don't really know the difference between the two.

I don't know why SexoutCommonResources had different times in- and outside the game, but I'm glad you are using SexoutFrameworkAssortment and now have it working in a stable state.