Could use some assistance with these two last exceptions

Hooi, 

So I was just playin some sims4 and was about to stop playing then I got a last exception notification from  MCCC. So I decided to take a look and I looked at the LastException.txt  in the folder and that pointed to something to do with a rig I guess but I don't recall installing any rigs as far as I am aware.

So I then decide to try and take a look at the MC_lastexception.HTML but wasn't sure what I could make of it I am not sure if it's finding something else or if it's the same error so I was wondering if someone could help me out here since I can't look through it myself right now.

Any help would be great ^_^ here are the two files

lastException.txt mc_lastexception.html

Hey there!

I'm not an expert on rigs and animations, but I do know a fair bit about coding and considering that there's a null reference (something pointing to basically nothing) mentioned in your LE, I'd say that whatever animation was running when the LE popped is broken. The MCCC file just has some additonal information and a nicer formatting, by the way.

Internally, this seems to be the animation ID and basic structure:

Clip: a2o_drinkTumbler_sip_normal_seatedTable_x (Parent Event ID: 2), Parenting object_drink_water:0x098112856e8224e2 to object_toiletGFBand_01:0x0f4512825a05cb29,

Again, I'm no expert, but drinking from a glass and something about a toilet don't go well together in terms of logic (although we're talking about The Sims here, where logic is often secondary). In any case, the good news is that this LE shouldn't break your game (it might get the affected Sim stuck, which is easily fixed with a shift-click), but the bad news is that I can't tell whether this animation is from the game itself or from some CC in your mods folder. Looking through the game files in S4S, I see some clips with similar names, so the one in your LE might be from some DLC I don't have.

If you have any kind of animation overrides among your mods (not WW anims, those are a different thing entirely), those might be a good starting point for further investigation.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:39 AM, Crashdown117 said:

Hey there!

I'm not an expert on rigs and animations, but I do know a fair bit about coding and considering that there's a null reference (something pointing to basically nothing) mentioned in your LE, I'd say that whatever animation was running when the LE popped is broken. The MCCC file just has some additonal information and a nicer formatting, by the way.

Internally, this seems to be the animation ID and basic structure:

Again, I'm no expert, but drinking from a glass and something about a toilet don't go well together in terms of logic (although we're talking about The Sims here, where logic is often secondary). In any case, the good news is that this LE shouldn't break your game (it might get the affected Sim stuck, which is easily fixed with a shift-click), but the bad news is that I can't tell whether this animation is from the game itself or from some CC in your mods folder. Looking through the game files in S4S, I see some clips with similar names, so the one in your LE might be from some DLC I don't have.

If you have any kind of animation overrides among your mods (not WW anims, those are a different thing entirely), those might be a good starting point for further investigation.

Ah well thanks for letting me know.

As for the other stuff I think I know what might have triggered that last exception if I recall correctly my sim was either in the middle of drinking water or had just gotten some water and was at the table since I am playing in the werewolf DLC area either way. Around that time I think I had also clicked the toilet so my sim could use the restroom and that was about the time the message came up. (I can't recall exactly what I had did since around that time I was adjusting my seating and wasn't looking at the screen but I know for a fact those two things were happening)

As far as I am aware though I don't have animation overrides I don't think but I'll check my mod list again.

either way thanks for letting me know ^_^

On 3/29/2024 at 7:06 AM, successfulchiller13 said:

As for the other stuff I think I know what might have triggered that last exception if I recall correctly my sim was either in the middle of drinking water or had just gotten some water and was at the table since I am playing in the werewolf DLC area either way. Around that time I think I had also clicked the toilet so my sim could use the restroom and that was about the time the message came up. (I can't recall exactly what I had did since around that time I was adjusting my seating and wasn't looking at the screen but I know for a fact those two things were happening)

Sounds like it was a little game hiccup then, trying to start the toilet interaction while the drinking interaction was still running (instead of cancelling it first, as the game normally would). Considering that, I don't think it's really necessary to double-check your mod list, as long as something like this doesn't happen too often.