Problem with Futa pubic hair colour.

Apologies in advance as it IS  a little obsessive of me and trivial to many i guess. But my char when female has the correct pubes colour, but when I gender bender her to a Futa I get the Henry Ford treatment: ("Any colour you want, so long as it is black"). I have looked unsuccessfully in Racemenu for such a line and even have a NiOverride mod with an XML file that supposedly fixes the problem but it does not . Any clues from the wise here?

I recently installed a pube hair mod. To change the color, it seems that there are two methods

1) use the supplied (optional) body spec that the author provides, in which case it purports to changing the pube color automatically as you change hair color

or, the more generalist way for layer based adds, 

2) edit the glow and tint layers for the chosen pubes to manually match(ish) the two colors. Pubes and head hair generally aren't' identical anyway, so close enough is golden.

You could probably also directly fiddle with the color properties of the chosen pube hair textures using a third party image editor (Paint dot Net or Photoshop come to mind) for a static fix if you chose to.

Edited by anjenthedog
typo
13 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

I recently installed a pube hair mod. To change the color, it seems that there are two methods

1) use the supplied (optional) body spec that the author provides, in which case it purports to changing the pube color automatically as you change hair color

or, the more generalist way for layer based adds, 

2) edit the glow and tint layers for the chosen pubes to manually match(ish) the two colors. Pubes and head hair generally aren't' identical anyway, so close enough is golden.

You could probably also directly fiddle with the color properties of the chosen pube hair textures using a third party image editor (Paint dot Net or Photoshop come to mind) for a static fix if you chose to.

You are so well named: faithful and as reliable as ever. Many thanks for that reply and I will continue to fiddle as directed and will see what happens.

So I assume we're dealing with an overlay here, and not a mesh-based hair.

It's quite odd that the color would break when you change genders. I feel like there's something else going on there that is not immediately apparent. I'd save a RM preset from the character when the hair is black/broken, and see what overlays the preset contains to make sure its the one that's expected.

As for getting colors working on overlays, the way it works is that one specific color gets replaced by the one selected in RaceMenu. That color is (rgb) 68 69 68, #444544. If the overlay is any other color, it will not react to color changes in RM. I do not know how one would go about getting it to match the drapes (head hair) as it were, but I suspect its another "magic" color that does it. Google can probably shed some light on that. Plan B would be download an overlay mod that supports such a feature and inspect the colors it uses.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, traison said:

So I assume we're dealing with an overlay here, and not a mesh-based hair.

It's quite odd that the color would break when you change genders. I feel like there's something else going on there that is not immediately apparent. I'd save a RM preset from the character when the hair is black/broken, and see what overlays the preset contains to make sure its the one that's expected.

As for getting colors working on overlays, the way it works is that one specific color gets replaced by the one selected in RaceMenu. That color is (rgb) 68 69 68, #444544. If the overlay is any other color, it will not react to color changes in RM. I do not know how one would go about getting it to match the drapes (head hair) as it were, but I suspect its another "magic" color that does it. Google can probably shed some light on that. Plan B would be download an overlay mod that supports such a feature and inspect the colors it uses.

Thank you. Another reliable!

My fiddling resulted in a blue body and IMO Slavetats played a role there...PC has professional nail polish for hand nails & Slavetats used for toenails nail polish.

If Slavetats is used upon your PC it seems to open a doorway to problems. If they continue I will remove the slavetat toenail polish and keep slavetats for followers/slaves only.

TBH the panic caused by the blue body made fiddling seem dangerous. Re-installing tempered skins seems to have fixed it...I hope.

One point; the pubic hair on the Futa seems bound to the organ itself and may be part of the Futa addon mod,,,,well above my level.

OOC I will post the two texture dds files I found in TRX Futa mod. No idea what to do with them but...someone else might.😁

WTH!!!!??? Now my char is blue again and NPCs are pink???

PubHair.dds PubHair_n.dds

Edited by Will55