FSMP Wind and unexpected breast deformation [Solved]

Hi,

So apparently, after I bumped up the wind value to get my hair to get that wind swept look,  I discovered that breasts also get deformed by the wind.  Even at setting of 5 for wind, the breasts (female) get seriously deformed, for instance, if I'm standing sideway to the wind, they get blown side ways. Stand facing the wind, they get shove inside my body.

Is there any way to restrict breast from being affected by wind, (while of course keeping the hair affected)?

Edited by anjenthedog
revised title name to append "[solved]"

Disable mass independent in the MCM. Alternatively, you can use the following steps from the Nexus Page to selectively change the wind parameters for specific bones, but this feature isn't 100% stable and is a bit hacky.

Version 2.3.0 adds the option to set the strength of wind on each bone individually. To do this, add something like this to SMP Wind.ini (found in Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE):

[Bones]
Name of bone 1=0
Name of bone 2=2.5
Name of bone 3=1.0e-3

These lines would disable wind on a bone named "Name of bone 1" and make the strength of wind on "Name of bone 2" and "Name of bone 3" 2.5 times stronger and 1000 times weaker, respectively.

There's no MCM option for this, though. Do it the old-fashion way.

NOTE: This feature depends on a dirty hack and may fail in any past or future version of FSMP. If you ever have issues when using this mod, try removing all bone entries from your config file.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, plughead said:

Disable mass independent in the MCM. Alternatively, you can use the following steps from the Nexus Page to selectively change the wind parameters for specific bones, but this feature isn't 100% stable and is a bit hacky. (...)

Thanks! That gives me footing for experimentation. Much appreciated. 

edit: hmmm... where? my MCM doesn't show any such setting, and I can't find that ini file.

MCM provided by The FSMP MCM mod

Wind is governed by FSMP. ("FSMP-Native wind")

FSMP is the most recent and is ver 2.2.1.

Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/ contains little more than log files and a crashdump subfolder.

And as far as the game itself... /Data/SKSE/Plugins also shows no evidence of SMP Wind.ini

Did I miss some addon mod for FSMP that provides these hooks?

Edited by anjenthedog
4 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Thanks! That gives me footing for experimentation. Much appreciated. 

edit: hmmm... where? my MCM doesn't show any such setting, and I can't find that ini file.

MCM provided by The FSMP MCM mod

Wind is governed by FSMP. ("FSMP-Native wind")

FSMP is the most recent and is ver 2.2.1.

Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/ contains little more than log files and a crashdump subfolder.

And as far as the game itself... /Data/SKSE/Plugins also shows no evidence of SMP Wind.ini

Did I miss some addon mod for FSMP that provides these hooks?

I didn't realize you were using the native wind feature included in FSMP. The INI edits and MCM I was referring to above is from SMP Wind, a separate mod for wind using SMP.

Posted (edited)

Ah... that makes sense. thanks for the explanation.

edit: as I recall I used to use that mod a long time ago, but removed it once I installed FSMP since wind was included. (I think that was recommended practice at the time, but tbh, it's pretty fuzzy so...)

Edited by anjenthedog
7 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

but removed it once I installed FSMP

And I thought the built-in wind was fine until I found SMP Wind NG and desided to try for shits and giggles. I'm not going back to FSMP's native implementation. Not saying the native one is bad, but SMP Wind NG fits a fantasy world much better - its more lively, more.... fun?

Edited by traison

Ok so maybe did a dumb thing by uninstalling the dedicated mod in favor of FSMP wind management, idk. Either way, since I did, I'm still  wondering how I can manage the issue directly, while still using the FSMP-originated wind.  Push come shove maybe I'll consider "going back" but I'[d prefer not to if possible.

23 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Ok so maybe did a dumb thing by uninstalling the dedicated mod in favor of FSMP wind management, idk. Either way, since I did, I'm still  wondering how I can manage the issue directly, while still using the FSMP-originated wind.  Push come shove maybe I'll consider "going back" but I'[d prefer not to if possible.

Looking at the source code...

Value is read from XML, stored in m_windStrength, eventually it makes it way to m_windSpeed which gets applied to the "body" object by calling applyCentralForce. applyCentralForce is also used for gravity and other things. applyCentralForce seems to add all values it gets into m_totalForce, and this value is finally set as externalForceImpulse taking into consideration mass and time.

So from that quick analysis I'd say there's no way around not having wind affect the tits, especially since it gets mixed up with other generic (and essential) forces and it appears to take into consideration mass - meaning increasing the mass of the tit shapes probably wont fix it either.

Edit: Source from github, version number.... whatever is current on github at the time of writing.

Edit again: Might be worth doing a sanity check on the shape masses. Lets say for instance that we assume the thighs aren't affected by wind. What's their mass like compared to the tits? Are the tits lighter? What happens if you normalize the weights (and adjust spring stiffness accordingly)? Also consider the timeStep value, as its part of the equation that goes into m_externalForceImpulse.

Edited by traison
59 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

erm nvm on "I had that installed" comment. it was HDT-SMP Wind.  "SMP Wind" is 1.6+.

SMP Wind NG, for those of us that are on 1.5.97 👍

Posted (edited)

Righto. I worded my reply wrong. 

One more question. is SMP Wind-ng supposed to load before SMP Wind? Because Vortex is recommending that. Seems odd to me, as patches/recompiles usually overwrite primaries.

Edit: Ok, I set it as per vortex, and it seems to work fine, so I'll leave it. Still seems odd, but whatever...

thanks for the help... and prod ;)

Edited by anjenthedog

NG variant entirely overwrites the non-NG variant, so there's no point installing the (for us) incompatible version.

Edit: that was a weirdly convoluted way of saying the NG variant is standalone 🤔

Edited by traison
  • anjenthedog changed the title to FSMP Wind and unexpected breast deformation [Solved]