[mod] Better Barbershop CBO Extension

Better Barbershop CBO Extension

This is a mod built on top of Better Barbershop that makes the genes added by Character Body Overhaul customizable.

The idea is to mimic what Better Barbershop does with the Weight and Muscles settings, and extend it to the CBO genes. The changes only apply to a specific character, and are visual only. They way it works, is that when you change a value, it will attach a variable to the character that stores how that specific part should look like. It doesnt change the genes, so the changes are not inherited.

Since there is no way to get the value of the genes (or not that i know), the default values don't represent the characters unmodified values.

So for example, the Bust Size might be 160 on the character by default, but in Barbershop, it will still show up as 0%. Adding +5% will change the Bust Size from 160 to around 140 (128 + 5%), adding 5% again will change it to around 152, and so on. So the first change is not smooth, as the mod cannot tell what the original value was.

Same is true for height, you can change the height, but the value shown will not update. Its because the height is read from the gene, but the appearance is dictated by variables attached to the character.

The damn buttons are not left aligned, is someone knows how to do that, let me know.

Also, this mod won't let you add penis to women (the mod is meant to be visual only), but if your character is already a Futa, you can modify the penis characteristics. Futa's have no balls or public hair, so those cannot be modified.

No idea if it has an impact on performance, i would think it shouldn't.

Changes:

common/script_values:

common/scripted_guis:

Added the scripting similar to how Better Barbershop does it. Clicking on a button calls the script in scripted guis, that might change a value in script values.

The variables added by the scripted guis are used in portraits modifiers.

gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers:

CBO already had some part that were modifiable: public hair, penis type. I removed these and turned them into buttons, so the CBO changes are all at one place (also i dont know how to do dropdown menu in the gui).

Burst size and penis size was already modifiable through traits, i made it so that if you change it in Barbershop, it will overwrite the traits appearance.

Added the other genes in a way that if the variable doesn't exist, it makes no changes, otherwise it uses the values set in Barbershop.

gui:

Made the changes so the buttons appear in barbershop

localization:

Only have English, don't speak the other languages. (if someone is willing to translate, i can add those changes to the mod)

Load Order:

CBO 1.8.4

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix

Better Barbershop

Better Barbershop CBO Extension

It might work on old CBO as well, as it doesn't touch any files in "CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix", but be aware that the weight and muscle changes were bugged in 1.8.4, that is fixed in the unofficial fix.

Your mod is crashing against other mods. 

This is my Load Order:

- Better barbershop

- Carnalitas

- Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines

- Character Body Overhaul

- CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fic

- Carnalistas Arousal Framework

- Physical Attributes

- Carnalitas Slavery Expansion

- Carnalitas Slavery Reimagined

- Family Romance

- Wicked Debauchery

- Summe's Lewd Emblems

- Cheri - Carnalitas Deu

- Cheri - Carnalitas Mundi

- Adroit's Divine Prostitution

- Divine Prostitution - Faith Pack

- No More AI Abortion

- Intimate Encounters

- Architected Sexualis

- No Death Cascade

- Lewd Christanity
- Immortality Trait
- Harem - More Concubines ( and spouses)
- milfy mod
- Regula Magistri 2
- More Sexy Electives

7 hours ago, SCarverOrne said:

Compatible with the new beta?

Better Barbershop Beta:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3174905356

Added a patch, for now i just put the current layout into the new gui, so will look same as with the non beta version.

I'll probably need to redo the mod for the new beta later, it seems to have better solution to some of the problems I ran into. (like the damn layout)

2 minutes ago, Walther88 said:

Thank you sir! But can the breast size be increased even more beyond the current limit?

Hi, that is beyond what this mod can do. Genes go from 0 to 255, and this mod at max breast size basically maxes out the gene.

To go further, you would need to change char_body_overhaul\common\genes\breast gene.txt

There are curve presets there for each breast shape, and you would need to mess with those curves.

For example:

setting = {
	required_tags = "breasts_clothed,dressed,default_clothing"
	attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_max" 
	# value = {min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }
	curve = {
		{0.0   0.0 }
		{0.25   0.0 }
		{1.0   2.4 }
	}
	age = age_preset_puberty 
}

bs_body_breast_size_max is what is usually applied to clothing, and some of the other modifiers apply to the breasts themselves (for example, i think bs_breast_size_2_max).

If you make the breast too big compared to the clothing, you will start getting clipping issues.

The curves work by basically:

at first column value of gene, the shape of 2nd column is applied. There is some curve fitting so basically between 0 and 0.25 its 0, and after that it goes up to 2.4 with some curve.

If you want bigger breasts, you would need to increase these numbers.

Btw Criske why does the cbo_barber

is_male_gui = {
    scope = character

is_valid = {
        OR {
            is_male = yes
            has_trait = futa
            has_trait = futa_genetic
        }
    }
}

is_male_no_futa_gui = {
    scope = character

is_valid = {
        AND {
            is_male = yes
            NOT {
                OR {
                    has_trait = futa
                    has_trait = futa_genetic
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Or And NOT Or you don't have the = I can I just # them cause there isn't a male futa. 

So atleast I don't have to read them in the error logs. 

5 hours ago, Drake_Hound said:

Btw Criske why does the cbo_barber

Or And NOT Or you don't have the = I can I just # them cause there isn't a male futa. 

So atleast I don't have to read them in the error logs. 

Yea, i forgot the =, or you can remove it. I think same error might be there at some other places in the same file.

4 minutes ago, BigSnail900 said:

The ball size and penis thickness sliders don't do anything on my end. Should note I am on 1.11 with CBO 1.8.4 (have applied the fat/muscle fix).

Weird, it works for me on 1.11.5. Did you install it mid game? If yes, can you try on a new game? Did the character have a trait related to penis size already? (i think the mod might have issues there)

Other settings work fine?

• 1 month later...

Hi! so I might be missing something (honestly not sure) but with better barbershop and this extension installed I'm not able to make any changes...like everything adjusts in the GUI but no changes to actual character model. On a cracked version of the game (1.12) with all DLCs.

Advice is appreciated!

CK3 LO 1.png

CK3 LO 2.png

CK3 LO 3.png

Edited by Clangeddon
Pics not loading right
1 hour ago, Clangeddon said:

Hi! so I might be missing something (honestly not sure) but with better barbershop and this extension installed I'm not able to make any changes...like everything adjusts in the GUI but no changes to actual character model. On a cracked version of the game (1.12) with all DLCs.

Advice is appreciated!

CK3 LO 1.png

CK3 LO 2.png

CK3 LO 3.png

Hi, I think its incompatible with physical attributes (or i never tested it). The mod works by applying a multiplier to a gene value, but seems like it doesnt work well with traits, like for example even without physical attributes it doesnt work well with the big/small tit traits.