Weird moaning dialogue

Ashra XIII

So I have a really strange issue.

In my Skyrim game, whenever I speak to anybody there is, in addition to whatever normal dialogue options they may have, a line with elipsis (...). If I click the ... option, a male-sounding voice begins making moaning sounds, over and over basically forever until either I or the NPC I spoke to exits the current cell. Each time I click on the ... it seems a new set of moaning begins, until I create something of a chorus.

At first I didn't think this was too bad; after all, I could just not click on that option and things were fine. However, now I'm seeing other issues with dialogue, such as in questlines for The Companions and The Stormcloaks, where the quest will end and I'm not able to get the next quest to start. For example in the Companions, I get the first quest from them, and upon returning I'm supposed to be able to ask for work again, only to be directed to Skjor who will want me to retrieve the first Wuuthrad fragment. But the option just never comes up.

Are these two things related? I actually have no idea, but it's all I have to go on right now. Has anyone seen this problem before at all? I've tried disabling each of the Sexlab mods I have running and loading up a savegame, but the ... option is always there, taunting me.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have that "..." but I can tell you it´s not related to that bug with Companions quest. I had that bug too, before "..." appeared in my game. So, "..." has nothing to do with companions. I haven´t experienced that kind of bug with Stormcloaks, but I did with Mage´s guild. Can´t tell you how did I solve it, ´cos it was like 4 months ago and I really don´t remember... Try looking at uesp, maybe you will find solution. Or try reloading older savegame and complete few more easy jobs for other leaders.

Knowing that at least they are un-related is something, so thank you. :)

I don't know what more to try though... I've gone as far as starting a whole new game, and had the same problem not being able to get the next quest with the Companions. I didn't try Stormcloaks again, since I figure that if I fix one I'll fix them both.

I also did lots of searching on this, but it doesn't appear to be a very common problem. If only there was a way to use the console to force a quest to start. :(

If only there was a way to use the console to force a quest to start.  :(

Actually.... there is! 

Please tell me how!

Do you have any Creature sex mods installed? If so, try deactivating AnimalSex.esp.

I do have some Bestiality mods installed, but I checked and don't have that particular file in my Skyrim data folder nor in NMM.

Is there a particular one I should try to disable, or all of them?

The only reason I suspected Sexlab is that I had been adding Sexlab mods when I noticed the "..." dialogue appearing, and then later the issue with the Stormcloak and Companion quest issues... which may not be related, but that's what I thought at the time.

I have the latest version of Skyrim (Steam updated) and have never had this problem until just recently. I've played through this part of the game many, many times.

You can force the quest via Console.

startquest (Quest ID)

You can get the Quest ID from uesp.net

startquestvjjs4.jpg

For the Quest from Skjor it would be for example: startquest C01

You can also change the stage of the Quest. This is helpful if for example an event isn't starting or an item is missing.

The Command for changing the stage of a quest is.

setstage (Quest ID) (Stage)

You can get the "Stage Number" from uesp.net

setstagezkkfu.jpg

If you for example want to set the quest from Skjor to the stage where you need to return to Jorrvaskr you need to type setstage C01 40

You can also finish the quest with setstage C01 200 - Attention! Every quest do have different "Stage numbers". 200 is not allways the "Stage" to finish the quest.

Archived