Charley's World - Vanilla Magazines Replacer

Charley's World - Vanilla Magazines Replacer

View File

Part of Charley's Story included a number of custom magazines. In the original Charley's Story build, these magazines randomly appeared in containers and didn't convey any perks or benefits. As part of the new 2024 build, I'm looking to regularize the custom assets and make them a lot less improvised in how they appear in the world. At the same time, while I can't share the full build as a Wabbajack list for permissions reasons, I'll try to keep the custom modules as independent as possible to facilitate sharing them. 

This mod uses Charley's World custom assets to replace the vanilla Fallout 4 perk magazines. It does not change the perks at all, but it does update the names of the magazines to match the new covers. This mod does not replace the following magazines

• Robco Fun (the covers should match the bundled games - I don't have suitable replacers for these yet)
  • Total Hack (I don't have enough covers to replace all the vanilla versions)
  • Taboo Tattoos (same issue as Total Hack)
  • U.S. Special Ops Manual (I am saving these for a future project)
  • DLC Magazines (The story for these areas isn't established yet so its hard to choose suitable content)

The archive includes replacers for the cut content La Coiffe titles (volumes 3-5). If you have a mod that restores this cut content and the texture paths are unchanged, the new covers will show up in your game, but the inventory titles will not be updated.

I did not reduce the resolution of the world-size textures, but since these are all for unique objects it should not adversely impact game performance. All assets are packed in a BA2 file and will always lose conflicts with loose files. If you want to mix and match these replacers with loose textures from another mod, use Archive2 to extract the BA2 file. Since this set contains relatively few files, unpacking it should not have a big impact on load times.

ScreenShot1596.png.a5d8ea422f9d7e70d48611f7170f4f39.pngScreenShot1595.png.8ea5cecf66421be0e4550baf5fed2bc7.png

This mod should not have any incompatibilities or other technical blockers, though other mods that edit the vanilla perk magazines' scripts and effects should load after this one and will require patching to properly display the names of conflicted magazines.

Credits:

• While this mod is not built on Custom Comic Framework, I learned all about the structure of the perk magazine records from that mod and its author AmGame deserves recognition here. This mod would not have happened if I hadn't used CCF first for earlier work.
  • This mod uses the templates from Editable Comics and Perk Posters, by Steven Mannion
  • The artwork used to create the magazine covers comes from many sources around the internet. Unfortunately, some of the art was uncredited or comes from profiles that have been deleted, censored, or are otherwise inaccessible. If you know where a missing artist site is located or can identify an uncredited artist, or if you are the artist and wish to be credited different or do not wish for your work to feature in this mod, please message me. A list of the known artists appears below in alphabetical order. If you enjoyed their art in this mod, please visit their gallery and give them your encouragement and support.