[solved] No interaction with follower after recruiting

Hello, sorry for question, me again. Have one problem here - in process of making custom follower after recruiting them interaction with this follower vanishes, follower recruited and if hold E even can give commands, but no interaction while in crosshair (you know how usually must be - talk/open/search - E)

Can't talk to follower entirely

Im using this guide [yt link to Joseph Russell] and scripts from it.

And first follower was working greatly [additional info under spoiler]

Spoiler

although it was based on character from quest, which disables after it's completion.

IF i make alias in follower quest static follower can ve interacted, but after dismiss cannot be hired (because scripts from guide clear alias, if remove this clear() method follower cannot be dismissed entirely and always have topic "part ways")

So, whats might be wrong, where interaction goes?

Edited by OverseerPrimeXF
problem solved
  • OverseerPrimeXF changed the title to [CreationKit related] No interaction with follower after recruiting

My guess would be that the follower does not pass the conditions set for the dialogue topics. This one for instance is the one they use for "Follow me. I need your help.":

[00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Dialog Topic \ 000B0EE6 <DialogueFavorGenericFollowBranchTopic> \ 000B0EE9

Conditions:

• Subject must not be in faction: PotentialHireling
  • Subject must not be in faction: CurrentFollowerFaction
  • Subject has to be in faction: PotentialFollowerFaction
  • Subject has to have a compatible voice type: VoicesFollowerNeutral
  • PlayerFollowerCount GV has to be 0.
  • GetRelationshipRank must be 1 or greater.

Out of these, my bet is on the voice type.

Edited by traison

Usually if conditions not passed npc still have option to interact, actor just will not say anything, in my case conditions allowing follower to speak, AND i kinda have forcegreet on first meet, and in the end of this forcegreet dialogue ends, follower becomes, well, follower and following you. if i interact with follower before this last sentence spoken/finished i can still get into conversation, but if i quit it no more interactions. thats ridiculous.

follower can't forcegreet anymore either. but if i skip 'hiring' interaction and forcegreets are working as intended.

I just lost any idea what can be the reason on that

And - does method actor.setplayerteammate() makes actor follow player, in my case follower draws weapons, but not going anythere

i can print keyboard veri well

made copy in follower and apparently this one works nice, maybe something in packages of follower? forcegreet packages or something, i only use packages in additional quests, placing them in quest aliases to speak with player on specific stages

Removed all aliases with packages but no miracle, kinda strange, maybe first follower cursed?

hellooo, sorry for me again, i think it's because setdisplayname() method used on npc, if i rename it follower will be uniteractable after recruiting, and if i dont - everythink seems fine. 

Is setdisplayname() inappropriate way to temporally rename actors?

1 hour ago, traison said:

Not an expert on quests, but I would attempt to do this with a quest alias.

yes, serana renamed thougth alias, but at first try no success, i'll try to keep trying, but after this uninteractable follower case i feel i'm going insane with it already

And we have a winner here (but not for long i assume), still a butt tonn of work on it, but follower now  have a 'cloaking' name at first meet

one problem still present - somehow after reloading the save follower stops follow, but still can command by holding E? that problem for next time

upd: looks like skyrim really don't like then npc's name changing - so recruit and dismiss your followers BEFORE name changing (even) throught alias, and never? throught setdisplayname() from skse, it will eliminate interaction with follower

add info
  • OverseerPrimeXF changed the title to [solved] No interaction with follower after recruiting