[fix found] Dialogue view stacking - is any way to stop it? And other BUGZ

warning: bad english without google translator

Hello, sorry for question unrelated to mod usage, this is about Creation Kit modding: sometimes then i open dialogue view all my topics are stacked on each other in one place, and it's extremely painfull to place it on normal places with easy access to them.

I attached an example of it

Question - is there any way to disable this stacking, or at least save current places to accelerate process of tidying this mess CK left me?

Question 2 - what can even cause this mess? last time i opened SSEeditor and it happened.

I know real men use player dialogue for topics creation, but this chart view simpler to understandind what to there connected.

I saw those .xml files, related to dialogue views, if i backup them every time and load after everythin messed up again it will restore all views, or it happens randomly after CK closing?

There other questions in posts after this, maybe have awswers for them as well?

example.jpg

Edited by OverseerPrimeXF
found fix

If this doesn't fix it then I don't know. In my experience the CK is just barely usable. Issues like this do not surprise me in the slightest.

I suppose if you absolutely must fix this issue and the patch above doesn't help then:

1. Figure out where the newest Creation Kit comes from these days. After the Bethesda launcher was closed down they probably moved it somewhere else. Is it on Steam, or do you have to download it from Bethesda.net somewhere?
    1. If you don't already have the newest version, then get it.
    2. If you already have the newest version, then consider downgrading - newest does not imply best.
  2. Download the CK for Fallout 4 and see if there's a version diffence between this and the SK version. If there is, try running the FO4 variant on SK.
  3. You could also limit your version tests to the flowchartx64.dll as its quite likely that's the file responsible for that flow chart view - the hint is in the name afterall.
Edited by traison
22 minutes ago, OverseerPrimeXF said:

do the newest CK from 2022 (updated for skyrim AE i suppose) work with SE 1.5.97?

Don't know, but as far as I know the only fundamental change that's happened since Oblivion is pretty much the form address space change that came with 1130. That can be fixed with BEES, which is something you should have regardless of what you plan to do with Skyrim 1.5.97.

23 minutes ago, OverseerPrimeXF said:

And flowchart64 have bersion iterations too?

Don't know this either, but I wouldn't ignore this posibility.

(maybe some other modders will notice this post as well and know ways to bypass it)

Allright, there's another thing in skyrim still presented - dualogue bug, then new mod added dialogue topics are not showing up, does save-load the only way to show them or some additional ways weve discovered? Because it might be pretty funny to tell in mod description "if it's not working - save-load"

this additional more stupid question, dont read

Spoiler

Also this .SEQ files - do creation kit generate them or you have to use SSEEdit to it? On first glance no sequence files was presented after saving mod in CK, or there special button to do so.

I swear. backend development sometimes seems to be easier than skyrim modding

• OverseerPrimeXF changed the title to [related to Creation kit] Dialogue view stacking - is any way to stop it? And other BUGZ

And also with this dialogue bug, or i don't know why - i have starting quest for forcegreet, and after it finishes new quest must start (setstage(20)), but at first time it doesn't, BUT if you save-load before this starting dialogue it magically starts. How it work in skyrim, is it me insane or !("it just works")

upd: a;;right, somehow quest now starting after dialogue, don't know what made ir to do so - 2 calls of setstage or placing in different code fragments, now it's done anyway

Edited by OverseerPrimeXF
  • 2 weeks later...

OK i finally understood why dialogue view gets fucked messed up sometimes - it's because new masters

Spoiler

under spoiled link to reddit and solution

BUT this is still a bug - first creation kit add new master to esp no matter you used something from it or just watched how ahzidaal's ring working, and second it creates new dialogie view files with new ids of mod and all formids have this ne 'loadorder' in them in dialogue view files. madness, insainity.

should go and develop script with will auromatically fix it.

• OverseerPrimeXF changed the title to [fix found] Dialogue view stacking - is any way to stop it? And other BUGZ