CBBE 3BA Oviposition resources

View File

This is just resources of some oviposition sliders and normal maps that I've been working on for myself. I'm releasing these now because I've gotten some dms about them.

What you can expect with this download:

-New sliders in the belly category of the 3BA bodyslides.

-An edited 3BA body with a higher poly belly mesh to make the custom morphs nice and smooth.

-A folder with other labeled folders containing various versions of the oviposition normal maps to be edited and/or copy pasted over your desired existing female body normal maps. One of the folders is Copy&Paste ready to minimize the amount of editing you need to do if you just want to try these out. The other versions are there for anyone who wishes to play around with blending them into their existing normal maps to achieve an effect they're happy with.

-An edited RaceMenuMorphsCBBE script to add the custom sliders to racemenu in game.

What these resources will not do:

-Add the custom body and it's morphs to your armor mods, You will need to add them in yourself if you wish to use them while wearing armor mods. Otherwise it will just replace the unarmored female body.

-Switch normal maps while in game. Unfortunately not something I'm currently capable of. Looking into this still...

How to use these resources:

Install with your favorite mod manager like normal and let it overwrite CBBE 3BA. If using the TeraElinRace remastered allow this mod to overwrite that as well.

Build the the 3BA body in bodyslide, if using the Elin race you will need to rebuild that body as well if you want the sliders to work for that race. If you wish to edit the morphs in bodyslide rather than racemenu in game, the sliders should be located with other belly sliders.

The normal maps are not applied by default in this resource, you need to edit the normal maps yourself to use them.

Custom normals to use for editing are located in the "Normal map resources" folder in the mod.

To start, create a new mod in your mod manager, open it, and set up the following folder structure: textures\actors\character\female.

Now locate your femalebody_1_msn.dds. Open your CBBE mod (Non-3BA version) or whatever skin mod you use and go to textures\actors\character\female. It should be here.

Copy femalebody_1_msn.dds and paste it into the female folder of the mod you created.

Open the newly copied femalebody_1_msn.dds. Paint.net is an easy tool to open dds files with.

Now find the oviposition belly normals you wish to apply to your character from my resources and open the file in paint.net.

With the oviposition normals open CTRL+A, CTRL+C.

Go back femalebody_1_msn in paint.net, select Edit --> Paste into new layer then Layers --> Merge layer down.

Finally save the file and make sure to enable the new mod and allow it to overwrite other mods that also change the normal map or you wont see the change in game.

For Elin race:

Repeat the same steps as above except the folder structure should be Textures\actors\Tera Elin and the normal map file is femalebody_msn.dds

Credits and recommendations:

I would recommend layering these normals with DW's pregnancy normal maps to achieve a nicer looking effect, there's a good selection of premade normals for various skin mods or you can download the overlays and diy. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/68977?tab=files

Finally credit for the 3BA body itself, 3BA racemenu slider script, and Elin race to Acro748 - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30174

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/29/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    CBBE 3BA (3BBB), Racemenu, Bodyslide
  • Regular Edition Compatible

9 hours ago, The Dragonwhore said:

I have a question

Would this (specifically the higher poly belly) improve the quality of the physics with SOS during SL scenes? So rather than just being a mass pushed out, it would more accurately show the position?

The physics bone remains the same, so the collision itself won't change, you'll just see the "bumps move as one" as usual. You'd need to add more bones to the belly to get that kind of effect...

6 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

Test build on player via armor.

So only a equip script needed, not all this repaint stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.c24480877a0acc3935865874b0c310f0.jpeg

Interesting idea. I'm going to keep looking for a good way to change the normal maps themselves for now as it would be easier to add compatibility with outfits/armors that way.

I managed to prevent unequip by only assigning slot 40 to all armor parts.

Got it to equip on Estrus Chaurus.

Unequip on birth. (quite complicated without touching the original scripts)

Simple way would be, just replace an armor part used, but not the best solution.

But there is a huge problem left. The eggs clip trough the armor.

Will try different ways to solve. Maybe second armor build with eggs and replace via formlist or so, but this is feasible only for a limited set of armors. (I got tons of clothing mods).

Need to think about this, maybe there is an easy solution.

22 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

I managed to prevent unequip by only assigning slot 40 to all armor parts.

Got it to equip on Estrus Chaurus.

Unequip on birth. (quite complicated without touching the original scripts)

Simple way would be, just replace an armor part used, but not the best solution.

But there is a huge problem left. The eggs clip trough the armor.

Will try different ways to solve. Maybe second armor build with eggs and replace via formlist or so, but this is feasible only for a limited set of armors. (I got tons of clothing mods).

Need to think about this, maybe there is an easy solution.

You could set up dynamic armor variants to work around this issue. Have a version of the armor with the appropriate sliders/morphs applied. Then when the belly is equipped, the mesh would change to one that fits the ovipositon belly. I've been able to use DAV for similar functionality before, so it should be doable though not a perfect solution

So, the core setup is working.

At the moment I equip the armors with a own timer, can add as many armors I want. (Node changes not activated in Estrus Chaurus)

But now I have to decide.

Do I use only one armor and use the NiNode changes in Estrus Chaurus or disable this feature and use the OVIarmors only.

One cannot have both with a risk, as this would mess up the NiNode changes. It uses the former values to calculate the new nodes.

Adding new skin would mess this up.

Anyway, need to make some tweaks, create BS files for maybe 5 armors, add some nice effects etc.

Gues I will follow the NiNode disabled way for the first mod.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:07 AM, DuckytheBOT said:

Interesting idea. I'm going to keep looking for a good way to change the normal maps themselves for now as it would be easier to add compatibility with outfits/armors that way.

Potentially look into Pregnancy Normalmap Swapper (bugged at the moment) or Skill Based Muscle.

• 2 weeks later...

I made some tests with nice results on my side; I managed to do it all with only some light scripts: changing the normal maps and moving around the oviposition sliders. With this method there is no need to equip a fake armor, no problems of z-fighting between two bodies (because there is only one), and so on. And bonus feature I can animate the eggs so that they move on their own under the belly's skin 😆

ovibodyanim.gif

58 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

Looks interesting. Go ahead and make your alternative. 

Oh you're the one that made the estrus integration ? That's what inspired me to tinker with it :) If you want we can collaborate.
For now it is only a test script, it's not integrated with anything at all (nor is it super clean ;) )

PS: jsut in case: I didnt mean to intend anything bad with "my side" I just meant on my computer

Edited by lolmods37
8 minutes ago, lolmods37 said:

didnt mean to intend anything

You know, one of my rules of life is, only the thumb learns through exeperience.

Why invent the wheel twice. 

There are lots of caveats to get it working. Like how prevent unequip if changing clothes slot 32 or clothing with intgrated body.

The reason for the 2nd body. 

30 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

You know, one of my rules of life is, only the thumb learns through exeperience.

Why invent the wheel twice. 

There are lots of caveats to get it working. Like how prevent unequip if changing clothes slot 32 or clothing with intgrated body.

The reason for the 2nd body. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say ? (english is not my native tongue)

13 hours ago, lolmods37 said:

I made some tests with nice results on my side; I managed to do it all with only some light scripts: changing the normal maps and moving around the oviposition sliders. With this method there is no need to equip a fake armor, no problems of z-fighting between two bodies (because there is only one), and so on. And bonus feature I can animate the eggs so that they move on their own under the belly's skin 😆

ovibodyanim.gif

It looks amazing ! I hope someone can manage to do something like Pregnancy Normalmap Swapper with this integrated