So the piercings I am using are distorted when I apply them to my bodyslide preset. They are not distorted on the TWB reference I load, but when I apply my preset, they distort as shown in the attached image. It seems specifically connected to the nipple length slider. Is there a way to fix this without having to manually fix the mesh?

Some background troubleshooting info:

1. The rings were originally not showing up, and I found out that they were located inside the breast when I put them on.

2. I loaded them into outfit studio, loaded my TWB as a reference, and confirmed that they were in the correct location.

3. When I load my preset, they distort. I tried fixing the mesh manually, but always end up with a mess.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

TWB Piercings.png

1. Build the jewelry mesh without using a slider preset.

2. Build the body mesh you as a model want to attach them to.(make sure it is a body without physics bones)

3. Open body slide drag the body mesh once into(make sure it is a body without physics bones). Drag the jewelry mesh into it.

4. Highlight one jewelry meshes.  Under Shape select Scale. Make the size of the jewelry what you want with the slider, make sure all axis x,y,z are ticked.

5.  Write down what the scale size you used.

6. Under the Shape tab hit Move.

7. Line up the jewelry for the right side.

7a. You can use Rotate under the Shape tab also if needed.

8. Under the edit tab make sure x mirror is turned off.

9. For the left side either push the mesh into the body so you can't see it.

Alternatively you can use Tool Invert mask, make a new slider and export it to cut the left side out completely, but it is more complicated and dose not always work.

10. Save the mesh.

11.Repeat the above steps with a new jewelry mesh and line up the left side correctly.

You should then have two jewelry meshes and one body mesh.

12. If you want to apply physics. Then load a body with the physics bones and copy them to the jewelry mesh and export it.

13. In game if there is still some clipping you can make minute adjustments based on what you see in game until you are satisfied.

Edited by labrts

You are wonderful. Why do you have to do two separate meshes? and do you mean to build it with the CBBE vanilla preset? It won't let me not choose one. I have actually gotten it now to where they just float in front of the nipples. They bounce with the breasts, but always float like an inch away no matter how many times I rebuild them or move them.

You are wonderful. Why do you have to do two separate meshes? and do you mean to build it with the CBBE vanilla preset? It won't let me not choose one. I have actually gotten it now to where they just float in front of the nipples. They bounce with the breasts, but always float like an inch away no matter how many times I rebuild them or move them.

1"..and do you mean to build it with the CBBE vanilla preset?"

Just open then jewelry mesh file and hit build. Do not move any sliders or hit any presets.

If the person who designed the jewelry set it to some default preset then build it with that.

For simplicity: Just open open the jewelry mesh and hit build.

The reason not to adjust any sliders here is that if the jewelry is not configured properly by the mod creator then it will have sliders from your body slide preset affecting it's shape that it should not, causing the deformity you showed in your screen shot.

2. Why do you have to do two separate meshes?

Answer: When you adjust the size through "Scale" it is very difficult to get the right and left to line up at the same time using the 'Move' tab. So it is easier to make two meshes of the jewellery,; use Mesh 1 for the right side (push the left ring into the body so you can't see it) and mesh 2 for the left side(push the right ring on Mesh 2 into the body so you can't see it).  That way you can change the  x,y,z coordinates right ring and left ring individually.

3."...but always float like an inch away no matter how many times I rebuild them or move them/"

Answer: When you apply physics even though they line up in body slide they may not line up in game.

So you will need to open the body with the jewelry you built. Highlight the jewelry mesh. Select the 'shape' tab at the top, then go down and hit 'move'. Then a slider will come up you will need to move the 'y' slider in to the negative range a little, save the mesh, go back in game and see if you need to move it further. You will need to repeat this process. It is it bit tedious as you need to adjust the mesh, load the game, close the game, readjust the mesh, reload then game, but eventually you will line it up.

Edited by labrts
  • 1 month later...

Here's an easier way that takes advantage of some built-in tools in OS:

1. Open the jewelry's project file
  2. Click File > Load Reference
  3. Load the reference file for your bodyshape (you said TWB in your post, so I assume that). Make sure to merge sliders
  4. Click Sliders > Conform All
  5. Click "Solid Object", or set radius to 10 and check "No Target Limit" and "Solid Mode"
  6. Click "OK" and wait for it to conform sliders
  7. Load your slider preset and see if the distortion is gone.
  8. Zero your sliders

Lastly, if using Physics:
  9. Go to the "Bones" tab
  10. Select "L_Breast" and "R_Breast" using CTRL+Click (L_Breast_01_skin through 03 and same for R if using 3BBB)
  11. Click Shape > Copy Selected Weights
  12. Default settings should be fine, so click "OK"

Then, whether you use physics or not:
  13. Make sure sliders are still zeroed
  14. Delete reference shape
  15. Save the project (I recommend using "Save Project As..." and changing the name to something like [project name]_fixed, then clicking "To Project", so that if something went wrong, you still have the original to work from without reinstalling)

That should result in the jewelry being correctly positioned on your preset without distortion, even if you apply morphs in-game.