LoversLab versus Ostim

I'd go with OSTIM Standalone. It's really customisable and smooth to make it work, I think it's a lot more efficient than sexlab. Plus I found that a lot of sexlab mods don't work properly, whereas I've had not one issue with an OSTIM add on mod ever. 

OSTIM Standalone also has over 10k animations now with every pack for it included, which is a lot more than anyone would ever need. I 100% recommend it.

1 hour ago, martinez30303 said:

I'd go with OSTIM Standalone. It's really customisable and smooth to make it work, I think it's a lot more efficient than sexlab. Plus I found that a lot of sexlab mods don't work properly, whereas I've had not one issue with an OSTIM add on mod ever. 

OSTIM Standalone also has over 10k animations now with every pack for it included, which is a lot more than anyone would ever need. I 100% recommend it.

You forget Ostim started on loverslab

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

How is this relevant?

The reply you're quoting is talking about 2 frameworks. The sites and origins have nothing to do with the features and opinions commented.

Ostim is Osex and Osex is started here on loverslab basically the modder whom made Osex found sexlab to be a little bland and lacking so she yes it's a she made Osex.

4 hours ago, alxndr3958 said:

Ostim is Osex and Osex is started here on loverslab basically the modder whom made Osex found sexlab to be a little bland and lacking so she yes it's a she made Osex.

None of that is relevant here. The title mentions loverslab as in the site, not the framework. But the context clearly means this is about framework features. Saying X framework started here or there adds nothing.

To be on-topic you could say indeed OStim derives from OSex, and OSex was abandoned for quite a while. OStim itself has had some controversies and there are a few iterations of the frameworks because of that. Both frameworks can work independently at the same time (aka no direct conflict other than having two separate frameworks for basically the same thing), as well as some integration with a mod (ostim - SL bridge). To speak about their differences you'd need to read the descriptions and then for direct experience try both frameworks in game. But in a short

• SL offers a basic animation progression with limited player input (so animations have stages, you can advance stages, configure them to be longer or shorter in duration, when the last stage ends the animation even ends too), while OStim standalone (which AFAIK is the most recent/updated iteration of this framework) offers more control over the animation with different inputs.
  • Both frameworks can see its functionality expanded via other mods, and here SL has hundreds of released mods throughout the years so the catalogue is quite large, meanwhile OStim has fewer mods (you can find all the mods in a quick nexus search or simply by following the links in the OStim standalone description/install guide, there might be more mods in dedicated ostim discord servers, I'm not sure I'm not in them).
  • In terms of animations last time I checked you could port SL animations to OStim with minimal effort, also a lot of anim packs have been ported and released already.

I'm not sure about animation or mods variety, last time I checked I didn't see much in terms of 3-4-5 actor animations or creature support for OStim. So I guess on top of the technical and mechanical differences between each framework you'd need to chose based on the specific features you want in game and which framework has the proper mods to support that.

Edited by Just Don't
On 1/21/2024 at 9:45 PM, Patkenoo7 said:

What the main difference and wich one to choose.

Who is the best in quality animation.

I use both sexlab and Ostim Standalone. Some of the Ostim modules support sexlab nowadays to they play pretty well together. The default alignments on Ostim seem to be a little better than sexlab, so I lean a little towards Ostim.

Ostim is good for general sex animations and also I find Obody pretty cool, since it will randomly assign different body preset in the game if you want variety of people shapes. You can change body shape in game too.

Sexlab has some mods that are specifically built for sexlab, so that's also handy to have if you want to run those mods. A few sexlab mods are on Nexus, but mostly they are found here on lovers lab.

I think the only downside to running both frameworks is that means more animation files in total.  I am using Nemesis for my behavior engine - updating it can take a while and sometimes crash due to the number of animations. Luckily that only needs to be done when installing or updating mods that need it for animations. (PS some older mods might mention FNIS, but you can use Nemesis in its place. There is also a newer behavior engine out there, but I forget the name).

They you all for these great info, it is very usefull. I might go LL for now because of the multitude of mod, and in particular the Devious Device mod.

I dont like beast stuff, but more Fetishism kinky.

The general answer for stuff like this is always:

The loverslab version is inferior in polish, usability, stability, documentation and design - practically every criteria, except for one: Content. In other words: Every framework created outside this community will be superior in quality, but the loverslab framework will have far more content and submods to choose from.

The above rule of thumb holds true for OStim as well: It's superior in every regard, but only has a fraction of features and content available for Sexlab.

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2024 at 4:54 AM, piratecapn said:

I use both sexlab and Ostim Standalone. Some of the Ostim modules support sexlab nowadays to they play pretty well together. The default alignments on Ostim seem to be a little better than sexlab, so I lean a little towards Ostim.

Ostim is good for general sex animations and also I find Obody pretty cool, since it will randomly assign different body preset in the game if you want variety of people shapes. You can change body shape in game too.

Sexlab has some mods that are specifically built for sexlab, so that's also handy to have if you want to run those mods. A few sexlab mods are on Nexus, but mostly they are found here on lovers lab.

I think the only downside to running both frameworks is that means more animation files in total.  I am using Nemesis for my behavior engine - updating it can take a while and sometimes crash due to the number of animations. Luckily that only needs to be done when installing or updating mods that need it for animations. (PS some older mods might mention FNIS, but you can use Nemesis in its place. There is also a newer behavior engine out there, but I forget the name).

This engine is  pandora and i strongly recommend it.