Hey, I am having issues with Nolvus where loading a preset causes the faces to bloat. I don't modify Nolvus since all it does is cause problems anyways, but it still causing problems. What file is responsible for this issue so I can replace it or fix it?SkyrimSE2024-01-1614-40-44.png.27f030fb3fdadca70ef3e50500eac3b8.png

Check for the preset's desired head mesh by opening Racemenu, then opening the sculpt menu. If it's like the ones I've encountered, it probably requires a race change prior to resolving correctly. (or possibly, an HPH head mesh depending ion what you have installed.)

Edited by anjenthedog
40 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Check for the preset's desired head mesh by opening Racemenu, then opening the sculpt menu. If it's like the ones I've encountered, it probably requires a race change prior to resolving correctly. (or possibly, an HPH head mesh depending ion what you have installed.)

I went to reinstall Nolvus because I couldn't figure out the problem and every character turned into that thing. Unfortunately, it seems the website to get HPH is down :/

3 hours ago, traison said:

Thats the default head mesh. Looks like all your expression tri files are missing or incompatible.

I think the trigger was Fair Skin, I forgot it messes with the mouth morph files. Another example on why I don't modify Nolvus all too much :/ Thought a skin swap wouldn't hurt

10 hours ago, llat229 said:

Thought a skin swap wouldn't hurt

This is why I inspect all mods I download; give it a quick once-over as its called. If a skin mod came with a head tri file I'd probably delete it even before testing the skin mod - especially if my mod manager (mo2) said it overwrites a file in another mod. Obviously by doing this you take responsibility: no point crying to the author when you've already deleted half the files they provided. 😁

Its not too common for mods to be "dirty" in this sense, but sometimes you do find some truly mind-boggling things buried in mods. I'd be lying if I said my own mods were all free of this as well so, I guess that's just how it is sometimes. Part of the reason why I have no plans to release any of them I guess.

14 hours ago, llat229 said:

I went to reinstall Nolvus because I couldn't figure out the problem and every character turned into that thing. Unfortunately, it seems the website to get HPH is down :/

FWIW, IFF you're interested, check around the various forums. Since the vetorplexus site stopped offering it,  I've seen a few posts with HPH as attachment for folks who missed the figurative bus. 

2 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

FWIW, IFF you're interested, check around the various forums. Since the vetorplexus site stopped offering it,  I've seen a few posts with HPH as attachment for folks who missed the figurative bus. 

I did in fact find it! Thank you all for the help

6 hours ago, traison said:

This is why I inspect all mods I download; give it a quick once-over as its called. If a skin mod came with a head tri file I'd probably delete it even before testing the skin mod - especially if my mod manager (mo2) said it overwrites a file in another mod. Obviously by doing this you take responsibility: no point crying to the author when you've already deleted half the files they provided. 😁

Its not too common for mods to be "dirty" in this sense, but sometimes you do find some truly mind-boggling things buried in mods. I'd be lying if I said my own mods were all free of this as well so, I guess that's just how it is sometimes. Part of the reason why I have no plans to release any of them I guess.

Yeah, it is partly why I hate downloading collections. Many have crazy mods that I like but then they add things that is to their taste that really didn't need to be added. Such as giant titty morphs, sex mods, Dragon ball powers, anime outfits, ect. (Not that I don't use sex mods, just don't like it when others add them) Nolvus just so happen to have the literal perfect load order and it keeps me from spending days building my mod list

Edited by llat229