[SEARCH]/[IDEA] - Skyrim Magic Pipe/Smokeables

So, there are mods in the Nexus Fallout categories that allow one to visibly use cigars/cigarettes (essentially as a cosmetic item), and some even have buff/debuff effects and addiction implementation. It got me thinking about if Skyrim had something like that. I've used all the search terms I can think of, but the only thing I could find on Nexus was a Lord of the Rings long pipe model that, when used, made you perform an idle animation, and could be worked into NPC idle sets as well.

What I'm looking for, specifically, is something along the lines of a "magical pipe" mod. An item/set of items that gives you a pipe and magical plants to smoke in it, where smoking the plants in essence acts like alternative potions by giving you various buffs/debuffs based on what you put into the pipe. We know Tamriel's flora has magical properties that can be distilled into potions and poisons, and Skooma has been in a smokeable form, so I think it'd be a lore-friendly mod; and it could easily be balanced out by making certain plants/substances have trade-off effects and/or implementing an addiction system, like has been done many times for Skooma, Alcohol, and Sex.

I'm specifically looking for Skyrim SE/AE mods; but I'll accept an LE mod that's compatible with SE/AE.

Edited by Gamer_Auto
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Rezzing to give this more detail, in the event a mod author is interested in how this could work.

Why would we use Alchemy to make smoking material over just making a potion? Because of one simple thing: Duration. Because you're smoking the substance, not drinking it, it lasts twice as long. However, there's a chance of addiction, which can be explained away in-lore as potioncraft having found workarounds for that ages ago. If you make a batch with an upside and a downside, the addiction rate could be 50%, scaling down with higher Alchemy to a minimum of 25%; but if you make a batch with only upsides, it's a 75% rate that scales down to 50%. For example:

Say you want to make a smoking substance that provides Fortify Magicka, and you combine Ectoplasm, Emperor Parasol Moss, Red Mountain Flower, & Void Salts. Similarly to potions, this would provide a substance that has the upside of Fortify Magicka, but a health-related downside (either a small DoT that applies -1HP/10sec, or a static Max HP debuff = to the potion's damage). However, if one were to make a substance of pure Fortify Magicka from Blind Watcher's Eye, Blister Pod Cap, Hunger Tongue, & Lichor, it would give you a higher addiction chance. And more potent ingredients could also play a factor in the creation and addiction chances; meaning that at it's most difficult, a player could make something with guaranteed addiction.

So this mod could easily be an alternative to Potions if players want a harder challenge, or an outright replacement of Potions if desired.

And of course this could be used for smut frameworks like SexLab to buff orgasm-related effects at the cost of hard-to-remove addiction and lowered stats. Y'know, in case Skooma Whore is just too stale for you these days.

Edited by Gamer_Auto