Lune's Baldur's Gate 3 Adult Animations Framework

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Ye gods. The paint isn't dry on the first test animation and every is posting in their wish lists. Can't we just let Lune build on this excellent start how and when she wishes? Apologies to Lune if one is not of the female persuasion.

You are of course right. Apologies Lune! I look forward to your resplendent release! I fully submit to your floggings for my lewd behavior! 😏 

4 hours ago, TheStranger said:

That makes me wonder, does this framework work in co-op?

I haven't tested it, but possibly?
The event listeners are run off the server, as the single player game also runs using a 'fake server'. There's probably some additional client-server synchronization required for multiple players, but it's something ill take a look at during the refratoring post-release.

Lune said "medium sized humanoids", so half-orcs, elves, humans, orcs, etc. should all work. Dwarves, gnomes, and halflings are much smaller. Ogres and Ettins probably wouldn't work either.

I'm kinda surprised this is the route the first adult mod for the game took though. You can already have sex with your companions in cutscene, it just fades to black, so I'd have figured the initial lewd mods would simply remove the fade to black and include some lewd animations. Glad to see this is actually getting some attention though, one of the posts I saw when it first came out made it sound like interest in these sorts of mods would be lower just because the game lets you see bob and vagene.

1 hour ago, Karnewarrior said:

Lune said "medium sized humanoids", so half-orcs, elves, humans, orcs, etc. should all work. Dwarves, gnomes, and halflings are much smaller. Ogres and Ettins probably wouldn't work either.

I'm kinda surprised this is the route the first adult mod for the game took though. You can already have sex with your companions in cutscene, it just fades to black, so I'd have figured the initial lewd mods would simply remove the fade to black and include some lewd animations. Glad to see this is actually getting some attention though, one of the posts I saw when it first came out made it sound like interest in these sorts of mods would be lower just because the game lets you see bob and vagene.

I think that the problem of vanilla game sex scenes(not saying that they are bad) it's because it feels that neither of the companions have a sex scene explicit and satisfying enough as the minthara one, it's like if the minthara sex scene is the one that got most effort and there's also even two variations of her scene depending on your character genitals.

Edited by yurissilva
20 hours ago, LuneMods said:

I am not 100% sure when it will be ready. It will be fairly basic on the initial release, as there are significant limitations with the current tools.
I have ideas on how to solve these limitations, but do not want to delay the release indefinitely.

I'll probably release it with a defeat addon, but currently the framework only has animations for medium-sized humanoid characters.
Due to having 3x different rig sizes, 3x different animations will be required for each position to fix alignment issues.

I'll be expanding the mod post-release, as well a refractoring the code to allow for other modders to implement addons etc.

When it's released are you intending on allowing it to go through the mod manager? I'd want to be able to turn this off in the event my roommate wants to make a game lol

3 hours ago, Hlamster said:

The problem is the camera. If you will use some cameratools for free camera, you will see many interesting things in some sexscenes. So the detailed anymations exists, but the devs are decided to play safe.

Yes i used a free camera tool as well, defiantly better viewing the sex scenes like that. One thing i did that i liked was during one of Karlach's first times. When you try to kiss her at camp when your sitting next to each other at one point they are kissing each other, and you will get a dialog option. If you dont select an option they keep kissing indefinitely. 

Then all i did was turn the UI off, and using the free camera tool i was able to watch them kissing for as long as i wanted and from a handful of different camera positions. Plus for a bonus before the scene started i striped both of them of all there clothing so they were sat there kissing each other naked for as long as i wanted.

Will this mod add jiggle physics? or is there another mod that adds that? I do really enjoy the sex scenes in this game, the bodies are really nicely detailed. But the boobs have no physics and they just hold there position kind of makes them all feel like they have fake stiff boobs. If they had a big of jiggle so they could move and react to the other movements and thrusting etc that would be really good.

12 minutes ago, LuneMods said:

I have made 2 significant breakthroughs today:
1. Figured out how to create custom Animation IDs which will allow for an infinite amount of new animations to be added, instead of replacing existing assets. This also means animations for almost anything should be possible (creatures, items, etc.)

2. Figured out how to implemented custom cinematic scenes. This allows for the high quality meshes & cinematic lighting to be used, instead of the usual gameplay assets. Which also allows for scaling of actors, facial animations, timekeyed sounds, full cutscenes, improved physics, and additive animations for more realism. This should also allow me to implement a dialog based system, and do away with the spells unless for gameplay reasons.

LETS FUCKING GO!

Your work is amazing! And is this gonna work in turn based mode? Cause bg3 combat system is really satisfying and a succubus playthrough with sex skills to defeat enemies (humanoids for now) would be awesome. Do the spells work in turn based mode already or maybe you have plans to add them in the future?

This looks amazing and I can't wait to use your mod. I've almost finished my 3rd playthrough but I'm going to wait to start another until this is released. I've never even used loverslab before, I've just been following developments since you posted in LazyIcarus' discord. 

Are you for real?

I thought the first animation mods for this game would be like the ones for Dragon Age: Origins - i.e. janky romance cutscene replacers - but you're creating an actual framework.

Amazing work.

everyday i check in something new has been done, AMAZING work. do you have a release time? or an estimate? and if not and its gonna be a long time from now do you have any plans for like a patreon where we get to test or anything of the sort. im just curious i dont really know anything in specific.

Out of curiosity will we be able to use this mod to have sex with Karlach while keeping her red glow? I always thought she looked better with the red glow and after you get her to act 2 & 3 her sex scene load in with her having the blue glow, but i fell in love with her while she had the red glow and seeing her with the blue glow always seemed a bit wrong to me.

I know storywiese there is a good reason for the change but i just always wished we could have had the sex scenes with her still having her usual red glow. So if this mod allows me to have sexy with Karlach and keep her red glow i will be so very very happy.

12 hours ago, LuneMods said:

I have made 2 significant breakthroughs today:
1. Figured out how to create custom Animation IDs which will allow for an infinite amount of new animations to be added, instead of replacing existing assets. This also means animations for almost anything should be possible (creatures, items, etc.)

2. Figured out how to implemented custom cinematic scenes. This allows for the high quality meshes & cinematic lighting to be used, instead of the usual gameplay assets. Which also allows for scaling of actors, facial animations, timekeyed sounds, full cutscenes, improved physics, and additive animations for more realism. This should also allow me to implement a dialog based system, and do away with the spells unless for gameplay reasons.

Looking forward to seeing a defeat clip for mid combat scenes. Would apart of what you're doing involve multiple actors? I'm thinking of how fun the goblin camp will be!

This looks incredible! Very impressed you managed to make something this good so early in the game's lifespan. I do think a few of the users here might be underestimating the effort required to satisfy their wishlist of sex mods though lol. The most important thing is to have a framework to build upon, which seems to be well underway. I am very excited to see where this leads to, and hopeful for an active modding community for adult Baldur's Gate mods - and this does seem to be a solid foundation :D Great work!