looking for help about what is provoking crash my game

hey guys, i am looking to try back to make work again proteus mod after last update, for some reason when the mod open their own racemenu command this crash the game (if i open race menu via normal console command, i have no problem using it) so is posible some other mod is messing something but i am not very skilled reading the logs, some one can help me?

Papyrus.0.logCrashLogger.logcrash-2024-01-02-02-52-52.log

Suspects here include LazyFollowers.esp, SkyrimUnhinged.esp, Dogma - Thief.esp, Dominions More Argonians Special Edition, I guess Proteus itself.

It's almost like there's too much going on here in the background for showracemenu to cope with. You've got some ghosts (or maybe the same ghost several times - I did not look that closely), war axe and a torch being rendered and animated, and I think I saw a deer in there also. Though it's also possible that your ini files have allocated too much memory for some things leaving not enough memory for other things (but that's probably not the issue if you have not tweaked storage limits in your ini files).

5 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Suspects here include LazyFollowers.esp, SkyrimUnhinged.esp, Dogma - Thief.esp, Dominions More Argonians Special Edition, I guess Proteus itself.

It's almost like there's too much going on here in the background for showracemenu to cope with. You've got some ghosts (or maybe the same ghost several times - I did not look that closely), war axe and a torch being rendered and animated, and I think I saw a deer in there also. Though it's also possible that your ini files have allocated too much memory for some things leaving not enough memory for other things (but that's probably not the issue if you have not tweaked storage limits in your ini files).

well i disable these mods and start a new game but still fails, here i add the logs.what other mod can i try disable for test? i know for some requeriments i am use some papyrus tweaks, but all these mod was working good before, is true i tried do a rollback but dont work, is some ini file i need looking too?

Papyrus.0.log

crash-2024-01-02-09-30-44.logCrashLogger.log

Huh.... 

Let's take a step back here.

Have you run LOOT to make sure your plugins are a functional order?

Have you run FO4Edit to look for errors or important conflicts? (If FO4Edit complains loudly, that's a sign something needs fixed. If it's happy, its filters for errors and conflicts can sometimes give clues, but that gets into understanding the stuff it tells you.)

Chasing down crash logs when there's deeper problems that you have tools to fix is probably not the right place to start.

That said, looking at the crash-*.log file, I see specific mention of EFFCore.esm and CreatureFramework.esm, this time.

Also, one thing you can try is cutting down to some minimal set of mods, seeing if that works, and if it does, adding clusters of related mods - testing each time until you hit a problem. When you hit a problem, you know that it was probably the most recent change which introduced it. So you go back to the previous configuration and try again. This is slow, but it's an approach which works great. (Also, though, you probably need something like MO2 so that you can easily go back to a previous mod-list. Basically, each time before you add mods, you clone the MO2 profile you're working with. This way uninstalling mods just means switching to another profile.)

Edited by sen4mi
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Huh.... 

Let's take a step back here.

Have you run LOOT to make sure your plugins are a functional order?

Have you run FO4Edit to look for errors or important conflicts? (If FO4Edit complains loudly, that's a sign something needs fixed. If it's happy, its filters for errors and conflicts can sometimes give clues, but that gets into understanding the stuff it tells you.)

Chasing down crash logs when there's deeper problems that you have tools to fix is probably not the right place to start.

That said, looking at the crash-*.log file, I see specific mention of EFFCore.esm and CreatureFramework.esm, this time.

Also, one thing you can try is cutting down to some minimal set of mods, seeing if that works, and if it does, adding clusters of related mods - testing each time until you hit a problem. When you hit a problem, you know that it was probably the most recent change which introduced it. So you go back to the previous configuration and try again. This is slow, but it's an approach which works great. (Also, though, you probably need something like MO2 so that you can easily go back to a previous mod-list. Basically, each time before you add mods, you clone the MO2 profile you're working with. This way uninstalling mods just means switching to another profile.)

nice! i will try that this night, about my proccedure .when i install mods allways run loot, and some times the fnis. actually i am using MO2 but i was completely unaware  of the mod-list rollback. i going to research about that too.

when you say FO4Edit  you mean tes5edit? i going to install it them, :)

Edited by quarzo
6 hours ago, quarzo said:

nice! i will try that this night, about my proccedure .when i install mods allways run loot, and some times the fnis. actually i am using MO2 but i was completely unaware  of the mod-list rollback. i going to research about that too.

when you say FO4Edit  you mean tes5edit? i going to install it them, :)

Oops, yes - tes5edit.

I have been playing too much fo4 lately. It's the same program, but of course it needs to be named right for skyrim.

finally i figure proteus is broken, i tried a new instance from mo2, only necesary mods and still fails for their owns logs.

i guess there is not other way than wait they release a update

7 hours ago, quarzo said:

finally i figure proteus is broken, i tried a new instance from mo2, only necesary mods and still fails for their owns logs.

i guess there is not other way than wait they release a update

I guess that's good to know.

And... looking at the project on nexus, it's easy to see they have serious problems. It got popular before it was ready to deal with the kinds of people that popularity brings.

(If I were working on proteus, I would try to provide a way for it to detect each major problem, and issue log messages, popup messages, in-game texture messages or audio messages or whatever else I could figure out describing the problem, the fix or a step in the fix or something which was blatantly obvious and could help isolate common mistakes. But there's a lot of things that can go wrong in a mod like this...)