CTD Assistance Requested.

This is definitely not my first rodeo with skyrim and mods, i can usually narrow it down and fix my issues without any hiccups, but this time around all i come up with is "skyrim.exe" and some sort of issue involving it?

Mods Enabled: 210
Plugins Enabled: 191
Method: Vortex
Issue: CTD After Logo Flashes

Attempts:
-I've verified Installation
-I've reinstalled Cleanly
-I've checked my compatibilities and mods (i can't see anything wrong, neither can loot)
-I've replaced the Skyrim.exe and Launcher.exe with fresh copies
-i've backed the game up to 1.6.640 with same results

I've included the crash log itself as well as the crash report analyzer and my loadorder

Someone HALP!!!! xD Thanks in Advance.

crash-2023-12-10-21-03-58-REPORT.txt crash-2023-12-10-21-06-17.log loadorder.txt

CTDs near the intro logo or generally before the main menu are missing master issues. I do not keep track of exception offsets, so this may or may not be another one of those.

If its not, then figure out what CursorMenu is and what it has to do with the Papyrus engine. A script creating a UI named "CursorMenu"? Check for a file with that name in the Interface directory (or anywhere). Search through all pex files in all mods for "CursorMenu". Notepad++ can do this search easily.

Edit: Nevermind, cursormenu.swf is part of the vanilla game. Make sure its not being overwritten by a mod.

Edit again: It appears to be responsible for rendering the in-game cursor. So if you have a cursor replacer mod, remove it.

Edited by traison
1 hour ago, traison said:

CTDs near the intro logo or generally before the main menu are missing master issues. I do not keep track of exception offsets, so this may or may not be another one of those.

If its not, then figure out what CursorMenu is and what it has to do with the Papyrus engine. A script creating a UI named "CursorMenu"? Check for a file with that name in the Interface directory (or anywhere). Search through all pex files in all mods for "CursorMenu". Notepad++ can do this search easily.

Edit: Nevermind, cursormenu.swf is part of the vanilla game. Make sure its not being overwritten by a mod.

Edit again: It appears to be responsible for rendering the in-game cursor. So if you have a cursor replacer mod, remove it.

I will be sure to check, i dont remember installing a cursor replacer, unless its included with the paper-hud, which could be possible, will update soon with attempts made.

Edit: No such luck, i've been uninstalling mods and launching but still no luck. ugh.

Edited by exhavoc
  • 1 month later...