Please remove Strip Club from WickedWhims

On 12/9/2023 at 1:59 AM, Dovaklin said:

This element of WickedWhims has way too many moving parts and deserves to be its own mod as a separate module to install.

Honestly, I agree with this. So much of WickedWhims would be better served in a modular setup. We already know it's possible--that's exactly what WonderfulWhims is, WW without the adult content--so why can't there be the reverse? Every XML file is already being updated seperately before being combined in a package file, so why not just.......... make a couple of packages instead?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chlodwig said:

Whats the use of splitting it?

Does it give any benefits?

Fewer moving parts equals less processing overhead, fewer checksums and less likelihood of conflicting with mods that while environmental in function aren't a part of the WW base experience.

The mod is for the most part pretty user friendly - but bloatware is not a bonus just because I don't need to use it or I can ignore its existence - Especially when that very thing can become a point of contention one would need to contend with in the event the mod conflates with other business related mods either out already or in development. Unless the strip club is getting a serious overhaul with extensive functionality, I stand by my point. It should become an optional module based download that integrates with the base core of the mod and not as a part of the core of the mod.

Edited by Dovaklin

If you don't have Get To Work it should not be an issue.  I have a 4th generation Haswell i5. A 4570. 24 gigs of memory and 2GB GeForce 1030OC GDDR 5. I get 170 frames per second.

It cost $200 Canadian on Amazon. Lenovo ThinkCentre. Please tell me that your computer is not older than mine. I have played - let me check - 8,119.7 hours. I just let the computer run until EA forces an update. I learned how to use Alt+Tab in 1994. 

I DO notice that strip clubs seem to slow down the frame rate after about 8 hours. I change the open hours to 7 pm to 3 am and its fine. Still make the same amount of money and my teenaged strippers can do their homework and eat dinner before going to "work".

On 12/23/2023 at 7:16 PM, Dovaklin said:

Fewer moving parts equals less processing overhead, fewer checksums and less likelihood of conflicting with mods that while environmental in function aren't a part of the WW base experience.

The mod is for the most part pretty user friendly - but bloatware is not a bonus just because I don't need to use it or I can ignore its existence - Especially when that very thing can become a point of contention one would need to contend with in the event the mod conflates with other business related mods either out already or in development. Unless the strip club is getting a serious overhaul with extensive functionality, I stand by my point. It should become an optional module based download that integrates with the base core of the mod and not as a part of the core of the mod.

Hey! I believe there might be some confusion as to how the game handles its resources. Besides the Strip Club feature begin heavily dependent on many other elements of WickedWhims making the separation a lot of work with nothing to gain, once you're not interacting with the feature, it has negligent to no effect on your game's performance.

The simple thing to understand is that, what's not on the screen is not affecting game's performance. Similarly to settings, what's disabled is not affecting game's performance.

Strip Clubs is one of the lightest features in WW, you would be surprised what I actually had to work on to improve performance. Strip Clubs can't exist without other WW functionalities and it has no effect on WW or the game when not used.

As for conflicts, once again, when the feature is not used then you won't encounter any, as everything is walled off and only activates when actually at a strip club venue.

I periodically probe the game with WW to test performance on newer and older machines and ensure that everything is working well. Both load times and runtime performance are at its peak and at this moment I ran out of things I could improve.

The biggest impact to performance right now is simply having GBs of content installed, especially expansion packs, it's becoming more and more obvious that installing all the packs the game has to offer really breaks things. It's not as bad as it was with Sims 3 where you had to get a warning from developers, but after 9 years and 70 packs, the game is struggling.