Smokin Sick Style versions and other Mods

Hazel

:D Hi. Hazel here. Just wanted to know if anybody still happens to have the Smokin Sick Style DMC mod for oblivion. Any versions (not the legal one). I have version 0.999 and the Kustom version, but can't seem to get them working the same way the author, elysees ,does in his videos, namely these two 

and    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Wu9b7Brfk. I want to see if I can get the other versions to work, so if you would be so kind as to please upload some links for me...

Also, If you have the same versions I do and know how to make them work like in the two videos, you know..with all the animations and shaders and stuff, PLEASE please help me and instruct me on what to do exactly. PLEASE. 

Again (sorry for asking again, but...) If there are any other mods you know that rip things like combat animations, please give me link or tell me about.

Thanks Lover Slab.......is it Lovers Lab or Lover Slab? 

Actually thats the video that impressed me so much about SSS.I uploaded the 2 versions I have,in case yours are missing files or are corrupted.PLEASE DO READ the readme,it explains installation,hotkeys and combos.

AFAIK it may not work well along with other combat ovarhauls.It worked well for me when I was playing Deadly Reflex 5,not sure about DR6. http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/8273/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D8273&pUp=1

Unnecessary Violence II/III have or may have issues,never tested them with SSS. http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40310/?

Check this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/3361-deadly-reflex-6-vs-unnecessary-violence-2/

My advice is to back up your data file,install SSS,if you find it too hard to master,then uninstall and try the other 2 major combat overhauls.

Duke Patrick's are very good too,he does mention possible issues if you play OOO.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/514-duke-patricks-combat-archery/

Links:http://www.4shared.com/folder/SBBH9_VZ/_online.html

I hope I was helpful.Its Lovers Lab

Thank you sooo much. I'll try it out as soon as possible.  :)

update: OK. I tried. Everything works fine except the animations. I have DMC Stylish installed and all but I can't get the animations from SSS to work. Please help. And also the thing in the video where he uses the airhike to boost his jumping, anybody know how I can do that?

Thank you sooo much. I'll try it out as soon as possible.  :)

update: OK. I tried. Everything works fine except the animations. I have DMC Stylish installed and all but I can't get the animations from SSS to work. Please help. And also the thing in the video where he uses the airhike to boost his jumping, anybody know how I can do that?

Post your load order using a spoiler

Sorry, I don't know how to make a spoiler. :(  I don't even know what it is..... but

Oblivion.esm
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
Knights.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
SSS.esp
Simple Dual Wielding.esp
DMC Stylish - Specialanims.esp

thats it. Please help. ;)

Even though I always had been a huge fan of DMC games, it's quite paradoxical that I never have tried out this mod for Oblivion. One of the reasons is certainly the amount of custom keys that must be pressed to make use of the characteristical Dante moves - many other mods I'm using have already mapped their function keys almost to my whole keyboard...

The 'Air Hike' move is creating a platform beneath your character upon pressing the 'Z' key. That at least is what the mod's ini file says ('Kustom' version). So you probably need to jump, press Z and then jump again with the help of the appearing platform.

It might just be that the functionality of the 'SSS' mod is negatively influenced by either (or both) of the two mods at the end of your load order.

I was using 'Simple Dual Wielding' for a while, encountered some weirdness with it. Please try deactivating these mods for testing purpose.

And spoiler tags will create something like this:

Either use the '!' speech bubble icon in the post editor's top menu toolbar.

Or use the BB code (spoiler)(/spoiler), just replace the parentheses ( ) with brackets [ ].

I agree with PT,never used DMC Stylish - Specialanims.esp along with SSS.Deactivate it and try again.Readme file has all hotkeys/combos,its a damn pain to learn them.

Also if you have weapons/armor etc in hotkeys(1,2,3,4 etc) that are necessary for SSS to work, you might not be getting the combos you want.

I'm soo Sorry for the late reply. Sorry. I forgot to reload the page. I've tried it without DMC Stylish Specialanims.esp and Simple Dual Wielding, but nothing works. I still get those terrible original animations.

Poontank, about the airhike (I'm also a big fan of the DMC series. Even the anime by the way. I think I'm the only girl who plays these kind of games in my college)  In the video, the way elysees did it seems like when the platform appeared it boosted his character up.

And DrN, for you, does this mod have animations exactly like in DMC? Even without any other animation mods?

I know the keys and stuff. I know the basics of the mod. I haven't hotkeyed 1,2,3,4,5 at all. I can't do any combos at all. Even in SwordMaster.

But, maybe I'm not doing it properly? Where can I find the combos? The SSS.ini and readme is filled with Gibberish and some english.  I can't find them inside SSS 0.999 or SSS Kustom. Help me again please? I'm asking too much, I'm so sorry guys.

I'm soo Sorry for the late reply. :(  Sorry. I forgot to reload the page. I've tried it without DMC Stylish Specialanims.esp and Simple Dual Wielding, but nothing works. I still get those terrible original animations.

Poontank, about the airhike (I'm also a big fan of the DMC series. Even the anime by the way. I think I'm the only girl who plays these kind of games in my college)  In the video, the way elysees did it seems like when the platform appeared it boosted his character up.

And DrN, for you, does this mod have animations exactly like in DMC? Even without any other animation mods?

I know the keys and stuff. I know the basics of the mod. I haven't hotkeyed 1,2,3,4,5 at all. I can't do any combos at all. Even in SwordMaster.

But, maybe I'm not doing it properly? :unsure: Where can I find the combos? The SSS.ini and readme is filled with Gibberish and some english.  I can't find them inside SSS 0.999 or SSS Kustom. Help me again please? I'm asking too much, I'm so sorry guys. :(

Cute avatar you are sporting now! Makes me think to finally change mine from the rather grumpy-looking Dunmer to one more happy and positive.

But not positive I am about your issue at hand... Could it be a problem related to improper archive invalidation? Are the combat animations from 'DMC Stylish' working for you when that mod is active? In the 'Kustom' version's archive is a text file that seems to contain combos.

At least I have one recommendation for combat move animations you were asking about in your original post: I've always been fond of the FF11 'Weaponskill' power attack replacer mod. A few of them I still have installed even though my player character is mainly an archer.

Indeed v cute avatar:)Anims for me were working fine.I dont play SSS anymore(might reinstall it sometime).I'd suggest you uninstall manually(just follow the files and its just a matter of time) DMC special anims,simple dual wielding,SSS.Then reinstall SSS only.Use archive invalidation-better use oblivion mod manager for this.

Thats all i can think of right now

I'm so sorry for replying soo late again. I was just so tired.... :( Next time, I'll try to reply as soon as possible, I promise. :-/ Ok. The  SSS anims don't work at all. Even with DMC Stylish installed, onlt they DMC Stylish animations play. DrN, I'll try what you suggested, but about archive invalidation? Help? I really don't know what that is or how to activate it in oblivion mod manager. I tried googling it, but I didn't really understand it all(I'm not English, you can tell just by looking at my avatar now). Help again? How do I activate it in Oblivion mos manager?

Also, do you happen to know of any mod that increase combat attack speed?

:blush: thanks about the avatar though

As weird as it might sound: Attack speed is mainly defined by the speed attribute of a weapon.

Every piece of weapon-type equipment has parameters for weight, monetary value, health (durability), speed, reach and damage defined in the Construction Set. Iron weapons for example have speed parameters of 0.7 for the warhammer, 1.0 for the longsword and 1.4 for the dagger. To reflect the weapons' different weight and also to compensate for the difference in reach/attacking range.

If you have a favourite weapon, it's easy to edit the mod which is adding it by simply changing this weapon's speed parameter. In case it is a vanilla Oblivion weapon one can edit any equipment mod by creating a copy of this vanilla item, changing the copy's speed attribute and placing the weapon into the game world, ready to pick it up in-game. You can even rename the item to personalize it!

Archive invalidation is a technique to force the game to use loose files installed in the 'Data' folder instead of its original game files in the BSA archives.

This is how many mods are made functional in the first place, in case they are replacing vanilla files. It seems however that archive invalidation is already in effect if the ordinary DMC combat animations are working for you (as they are replacers for vanilla Oblivion animation files).

Nevertheless you could check it out, by starting OBMM and clicking on the 'Utilities' button. There is an option 'Archive Invalidation' which will bring up a dialogue window. Make sure a checkmark is placed next to 'BSA Redirection'. Should be, it's the default setting. Additionally you could click on 'Update Now' before closing the window and exiting OBMM. With this setting in effect the game will always be using loose files instead the ones in the BSAs.

After activating the BSA redirection once you never have to worry about archive invalidation again.

Make sure you uninstall ALL files manually first.Then install SSS,and follow PTs advice for archive invalidation.

I will be very surprized if it wont work.

Unless you have a high lvl character you might consider a new installation.

Sorry I am late to weigh in here but the SSS mod is probably one of the most complicated suckers out there.  You have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it setup right and you need to make sure you have nothing at all installed that could conflict with it. 

My advice is to use it on a fresh install of oblivion with no other mods to see if you can make it work that way.  Trying to install it on a moderately or heavily modded game just has too many variables to try to troubleshoot.  

I did use the mod a long time ago when it was still available to download from the Nexus.  I uninstalled it as I liked the more realistic feel of DR.  I "might" be able to lend a hand getting things set up but unfortunately it won't be until December that I could do so.  I currently don't have my gaming rig with me.

Hazel,soz been buzy for a few days.

Only thing i can suggest is try a fresh install, install SSS and use validations as PT said.See i fit works and then start adding your favorite mods 1 by 1.

Hope it works at last,SSS is a fun,but tough mod to have

Archived