What does the AAF Debug tell you?

Go into the plugin list in whatever mod manager you are using, find "AAF_debug_on.esp" and make sure it is enabled.

Now when you launch the game, you will get a running list of what AAF is doing as it loads on the left side of your screen.  Take a screenshot when AAF hangs at 80%

Post that screenshot, along with your modlist here and someone should be able to help narrow down the failure.

1 hour ago, IBAGadget said:

What does the AAF Debug tell you?

Go into the plugin list in whatever mod manager you are using, find "AAF_debug_on.esp" and make sure it is enabled.

Now when you launch the game, you will get a running list of what AAF is doing as it loads on the left side of your screen.  Take a screenshot when AAF hangs at 80%

Post that screenshot, along with your modlist here and someone should be able to help narrow down the failure.

Well this appeared when I found something like a debug among the files, couldn't find the specific "AAF_debug_on.esp" tho. I'm not sure if I did anything wrong but installing F4SE is just extracting it and pasting it into the installation folder right? the game even sends the information when I type getf4seversion on the command console
image.png.d19b62983d1041de6173ddc6a1fa39de.png

What mod manager are you using?

What version of AAF are you using?

What version of F4SE do you have (manually) installed.

AAF_debug_on.esp will be in your Plugin list, not your mod list - it is included with the AAF installation, but can be separately enabled/disabled - if you have a running list of functions on the left half of your screen, it is enabled. 

You are launching the game through F4SE?

3 hours ago, aberaberman said:

Reinstall what? I've tried to reinstall the mods and nothing have changed, I've even tried the entire game

Just aaf. If you make a backup of your aaf folder, then reinstall aaf. Load the game with only aaf installed, not any aaf addons and no ini/xml tweaks - just to confirm that is working. Then install one addon pack and test. And proceed like that.

... Just to be clear, after backing up Data/AAF - completely delete that original folder so when you reinstall AAF, it only has the basic stuff in that folder.

But from personal experience this happens if there is literally a syntax error in an xml I have edited. Could be as simple as a missing / for instance.

Edited by RohZima

definitely something wrong with your AAF install:

- it's not registering Looksmenu, even though you have that checked in your modlist

Buffout 4 NG - not needed unless you are playing in VR

-regular Buffout 4 is all you need

I'm not seeing an animation pack in your modlist - do you have any of the animation packs installed?

Welp I've tried about everything I could think of, from reinstalling to full clean installs the same error pops up all the time. I'm not sure if the problem really is f4se as the debug mode says and nothing worked even a bare minimum launch of aaf. Thanks for everyone who have given their opinions on the matter, I really appreciate it. I'm just gonna give up for now ti'l I remember I was trying to do this in the future sometime

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hello, idk if is has already been answered but I recently modded fallout 4 following the fucking guide for aaf but I'm at a loss as to how to get it running at 100. I'm using Vortex mod manager 20240506_221736.thumb.jpg.eda3e98004c28a81c063b32a2fd04126.jpg

Edited by natokaay
Additional info

i have the same exact issue but also when i get to the part where the guy tells me to lay on the floor, absolutely nothing happens and my character just stand there naked staring.
Maybe the issue is F4SE that its not up to date yet?

18 hours ago, Sangheile said:

i have the same exact issue but also when i get to the part where the guy tells me to lay on the floor, absolutely nothing happens and my character just stand there naked staring.
Maybe the issue is F4SE that its not up to date yet?

Yours seems to get more done than mine. Sadly I was using the latest version from Nexus but I was told to downgrade to the 6.23 version. We'll see if that fixes it.

°With the new Update, (Enclave - so fukn Cool!); and the New Script Extender:

AAF goes to 80%, Vault Tec guy comes to door. . .open Door, Game stops with the dreaded white box overlay. . ."F4SE - Enabled"/ "DI.dll - not found"

°A DLL-NOT FOUND ISSUE for AAF functioning with F4SE°

ALL OTHER MODS LOAD CORRECTLY AND FUNCTION CORRECTLY WHEN AAF IS REMOVED.

GREAT NEWS FOR OTHER MODS, BAD NEWS FOR AAF SEX MODS.

-Rock On! 

Messing around with it a bit myself as well, it does seem the issue stems from AAF. Hell, I've even run non-updated mods on Nexus from back in '17 that require F4SE (and I'm utilizing the latest version of F4SE), and they work perfectly fine. But AAF is repeatedly getting stuck at 80% and for the most part unable work as intended, I can get a few rudimentary basic animations to work, but only through forcing it via using something like Crazy's gun mod--trying to initiate them via AAF's own Hotkeys, it doesn't work--AAF is just dead in the water.. All other mods (and I do mean all other mods) from even outdated FCOM to various outdated winter mods that haven't even been updated for years--all of them working shockingly smoothly, save one--and yes it's AAF. Interestingly the mods that are not AAF itself but adjacent to it can get them to stir in some way (like the Crazy's gun as mentioned or Futa stuff), but actually getting AAF itself to operate nothing occurs, and it's issues do seem to stem that it's just not recognizing F4SE for whatever reason, especially it's latest iteration.

Edited by Kharlene
8 hours ago, Kharlene said:

Messing around with it a bit myself as well, it does seem the issue stems from AAF. Hell, I've even run non-updated mods on Nexus from back in '17 that require F4SE (and I'm utilizing the latest version of F4SE), and they work perfectly fine. But AAF is repeatedly getting stuck at 80% and for the most part unable work as intended, I can get a few rudimentary basic animations to work, but only through forcing it via using something like Crazy's gun mod--trying to initiate them via AAF's own Hotkeys, it doesn't work--AAF is just dead in the water.. All other mods (and I do mean all other mods) from even outdated FCOM to various outdated winter mods that haven't even been updated for years--all of them working shockingly smoothly, save one--and yes it's AAF. Interestingly the mods that are not AAF itself but adjacent to it can get them to stir in some way (like the Crazy's gun as mentioned or Futa stuff), but actually getting AAF itself to operate nothing occurs, and it's issues do seem to stem that it's just not recognizing F4SE for whatever reason, especially it's latest iteration.

the problem is we dont know for sure if AAF needs a update since beth is such a champion of screwing things up with there patches but if F4SE and MCM work fine for all other mods u have installed there is a great chance that there is a loose bug some where in AAF

for me, AAF at 80% had been like that for years. it's not a recent issue and everything worked as intended up to New Gen update. as for the mods.. idk. I get a dialog to agree to have sex and my character undress then the NPC walks away to never return, leaving me stuck in action.. can't move or perform anything unless opening settings and reset encounter.