(GetOwningQuest() as DialogueFollowerScript).SetAnimal(akspeaker) - doesn't work through Player Dialogue?

I'm trying to make a quest that will have a Riekling become a follower after returning an item. Flow is like this

Player return quest item
Riekling say thanks, will follow player as a pack mule

Player says "great!"

Riekling says "Yarr"  and should follow player.

I could get the Riekling to follow player using the dialoguefollower question but can't get it to follow player after saying made in player dialogue box....
I looked a few tutorials and they seem to be using (GetOwningQuest() as DialogueFollowerScript).SetAnimal(akspeaker) but this doesn't work when its through the quest I'm making in CK

image.png.fdc7ba5ccad5df94da599752c73c3dce.png

please help

Thanks

2 hours ago, billypnats said:

(GetOwningQuest() as DialogueFollowerScript).SetAnimal(akspeaker)

That seems like it's for if you're overriding the DialogueFollower quest itself; adding the dialog into that quest. (If that's what your doing then ..  not sure why its not working...)

If you're making your own separate quest then you should add the Follower Dialogue Quest as a property (*) to the script fragment and call that;

DialogueFollower.SetAnimal( akspeaker )

(*)Click on TIFF_..., then properties, add property ,  type: DialogueFollowerScript, name: DialogueFollower  - ok; should autofill.

Edited by MTB
corrected typos